Sunday

It's the Thought that Counts

At some point over the last week, a germ managed to weasle itself into my body.
Yesterday afternoon I began sneezing so I took a singulair tablet. After about an hour of more sneezing, I decided to take a Zyrtec. Neither helped. After we got home from visiting mom, I was feeling pretty cruddy.
Stroker wanted to watch a football game last night, so I dosed up with Nyquill and hit the bed.
According to Stroker, I snored all night. I won't argue with that because everytime I woke up, which was a lot, I could not get air through my nose at all.
I didn't feel all that much better today either. My head was woozy and congested. I couldn't focus at church, and I felt achy all over. We had plans to attend a dinner for Bee's birthday at 2pm, so I asked Stroker to stop by Wal-Mart after church to pick up Bee a gift.
We purchased 3 items at Wal-Mart and went through the self check out. 2 packs of Sunkist orange drinks and a wireless computer mouse for Bee.  I remember putting the receipt in the bag with the mouse so that we would have it in case Bee had already bought himself a new one.  As we left the store, Stroker picked up a box of drinks with each hand (so he says). I walked out of the store placing my change back in my purse. I guess the kids walked out empty handed because when we got home we realized that no-one picked up the bag with the new computer mouse.
I called Wal-Mart, but no one had turned it in.
Of course noone turned it in I thought. They found an item in a bag with the reciept that had been bought with cash. Somebody's "lucky day" I guess.
When we went to dinner, we told be that it was "the thought that counts."

No comments:

Post a Comment