Tuesday

If Your Reading This...

If you’re reading this…. I said a prayer for you today.

I said a prayer for you because we all need prayer. We are all in desperate need of God’s grace…. whether we’re on top of the world or feeling utterly lost. And goodness knows that you can go from one to the other in seconds.
I said a prayer for you because I need a prayer said for me sometimes… and it’s comforting to know that someone might be saying one.
I said a prayer for you because my words go from my lips to His ears… just like yours do… and isn’t it incredible that He loves us so much that He will listen?
All the grieving and pain and sin in all this wretched world and all the people who are so much worse off than I am…. who are dwelling in far worse circumstances…. and He listens to me. He listens to every single one of us. It all just takes my breath away.
And when I’m having a day when I don’t feel special and when I feel alone in this busy ever-moving world…. I can sit still, ask for His comfort, and know that He hears my voice. I can know that He loves me with an everlasting love that even I, as a mother, can’t comprehend.
And even if the words don’t come out right…. and it isn’t any sort of eloquent prayer- I can still be faithful that it comes as music to His ears….. because just as I am delighted in His love for me- He delights in my love for Him.
I believe that He wants what’s very best for my short life…. that He has a future full of HOPE and prosperity…. that He will continue to guide me through good and bad circumstances and teach me to live rightfully through them all. And I believe that He is doing the same thing for you.
And how beautiful is it…. that we can sit down in peace and quiet, knowing these truths, and we can ask of Him whatever we desire.
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.- Psalm 37:4
If you’re reading this…. I said a prayer for you today because I need prayer…. and because I am confident that you do too. We are all imperfect, we are all struggling in one small way or another, and we are all in need of some form of healing or forgiveness.
If you’re reading this…. I said a prayer for you today because…. we are blessed to serve an incredibly graceful God…. who loves us all just the same…. and listens to us all just the same, as well

No comments:

Post a Comment