Tuesday

Birthdays and Rainy Days

We had solid rain for over 24 hours on Monday and part of Tuesday. Well, it wasn't solid, because rain is a liquid but you know what I mean. It was constantly falling. There was flooding all over town. My little rednecks even got out in that mess and played. They looked as if they belonged on an episode of "Honey Boo Boo".

Before the rain set in on Monday, we had a nice sunny weekend. Although Stroker's Birthday was Sunday, it somehow seems that Brookelynn has received all the gifts. Just how does that happen?
Well, from the time we remodeled the master bathroom, we have had the intentions of putting in a TV. I want to watch the news and weather as I brush my teeth and comb my hair of the mornings and Stroker likes to keep up with ESPN while he shaves. We already had the cable outlets installed when we were remodeling so we decided to go ahead and take Brookelynn's 19" TV and move it to our bathroom. Don't think for a minute that Brookelynn got the shaft on this deal. She now has a new 32" TV in her bedroom.
Once I get started on something, I keep finding more "improvments" to make. The new TV ended up on Brooke's chest-of-drawers instead of on the wall like her smaller one, but then the furniture looked misplaced with that big TV so we wound up rearranging the entire bedroom (Maleigha...I know what you are thinking). Rearranging the bedroom revealed several scuffs on the walls so I proceeded to touch up the paint in Brooke's room. Eventually, I felt that I had done enough and we proceeded to hang the new bathroom TV.
Brookelynn also had a chorus concert at school last night that we attended. It somehow managed to consume our entire Tuesday evening. Beside's being at school all evening, there was homework, quick dinner, showers and off to bed.  As for Devin, he keeps his gray walls scuff free and there is only one position that the furniture will fit. Devin likes to spend his evenings skateboarding around Cane Creek Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment