Sunday

Weekend Recap

Brookelynn and I went out yesterday in search of new shoes for both of us and found some...yay!
I took Devin to his basketball game today. Stroker decided to sit this one out. I finally took my camera to get a couple of shots of him playing. He scored 4 points today and I think I got a shot of him scoring two of them.
After the ball game and shoe shopping I gave the entire main bathroom a thorough scrub down from ceiling to floor. Of course that's not the typical way most people want to spend Saturday afternoon, but I feel good about it. I love having everything disinfected and sparkling.
I guess the Broncos are out for the season. They lost their game last night. Tim Tebow opened a lot of eyes this season. During the sermon this morning, our pastor told us that "John 3:16" was the #1 search on Google this past week. It is amazing how so many people in the world had to search it because they did not know what it was or what it means. Simply amazing.
School is out tomorrow for Martin Luther King day, so Brookelynn has a friend over tonight for a sleepover. We don't have any plans for tomorrow other than me cooking dinner at home for a change. The last couple of weeks have been full of disappointment at every restaurant. Maybe our expectiations have gotten too high. Ruby Tuesday's  was one our worst restaurant visits.
Ruby Tuesday's latest TV commercial states that the "Garden Bar and cheddar biscuits are included with every entree. We ordered the cheddar biscuits when we sat down at 5:10 and waited...and waited...the server said they were coming, so we waited some more and waited. He brought them to our table at 6:03.
The menu stated that you could order the steaks "Well Done: Cooked Throughout/No pink". Stroker said " should I try it? It says no pink". I told him to give it a try, so he ordered a steak "well done". You can probably guess the outcome...he had to send it back for having pink in the center. I think he has officially given up on restaurant steaks.

Although Saturday nights visit to Ruby Tuesday's didnt exactly leave us feeling full and content, we decided to give Cheddars a try after church this morning. I am officially declaring Cheddar's as our new favorite restaurant.
I ventured to Wal-Mart to get a few missing ingrediants to make meatloaf, mashed potatos, corn and cresent rolls for dinner. After spending an hour in the store picking up things that I suddenly remembered that we could not live without, I finally made it to the check out counter. When I told Stroker what I had spent, he said "this better be some good meat loaf". I hope I am still in the mood tomorrow to cook it. I think I am going to get an early start on it around lunch time tomorrow.
Hopefully we will have running water tomorrow. Stroker has decided to play plumber and fix a drip in the kitchen sink. So far all the water to the house is cut off and the kitchen faucet is in eight different pieces. These kind of things normally end in disaster for us...and it always starts as a drip.

No comments:

Post a Comment