Sunday

Royal Wedding and Pinkalicious Party

This weekend has been busy, but fun.
  • Friday was the Royal Wedding that the whole world had been buzzing about. It was covered on almost every channel.
  • Friday also had a beautiful evening to sit out in the swing, sip iced tea and get rested for Saturday and Sunday. My sister in law came over at 9:30 to pick up a slide for my nephews birthday party on Saturday. She drove her Escalade, but we somehow managed to load that bulky, heavy slide in the back.
  • Stroker had to go to work Saturday morning, so when he left for work, Brookelynn crawled in the bed with me. We slept in till 8:30. Stroker lucked up and got to leave work at 10:15. We went to Sparta, Buck Mtn and Baxter on Saturday. At 8:30pm, we picked up the slide from Braden's party. We made plans with my brother to get some shelves built in the trailer to hold extension cords and blowers. Now we just have to set aside time to get it done.
  • Sunday morning brought rain and some light storms. We went to Logans for an early lunch.
  • Gas prices went up this weekend to $3.89 per gallon. Thank goodness we live in town close to everything.
  • This evening, Brookelynn and I attended Libby's 7th Birthday party. The girls all seemed to have a good time. I made some photos and served cake to help out with the party commotion. One thing you can always guarantee when your the host of the party, is that you are going to be too busy to enjoy any of it. So, I try to volunteer and assist where I can. I know it sure helps when people help me out with our parties.
In retrospect, I wish I would have hired a photographer for Devin and Brookelynn's parties over the years. I always planned to take plenty of pictures, but there is always too many other things happening. At her last party, I grabbed the camera and took photos before I had the tables completely set up. I didn't have cups, plates, napkins, or any other decoration or supplies set out. It was the only oppertunity that I had to take photos, not to mention that the food never made it off the counter at her party. We served right from the kitchen.
Never-the-less, Brooke's party was a success.
I even had compliments from several people that my chili tasted really good.

Libby's party was similar to Brookelynn's last party, they sat up our white canopies, borrowed my Cricut cutter machine to make a cute birthday banner, and hung a few pom poms for decoration.  Libby's party was in a cute "Pinkalicious" theme. There were a lot of last minute decorations going up due to the unpredictable rain showers that popped up throughout the morning, but it all came together before "show time". They actually got the food and decorations completely set up...unlike Brookelynn's party when we had to move indoors :(
Jennifer and I must view the same party decoration blog.
She found her ideas for Libby's party HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment