Saturday

Oh yeah...I have a blog

Ok, so I realize that I have forgotten all about my blog for almost two weeks. Honestly, I can't begin to remember "the happenings" for the last two weeks. Mother's Day rings a bell. We spent last Sunday at church, then went to my mother-in-laws church service, then to my moms to deliver her yellow rose bush. We spent the afternoon on my moms back deck, since the weather was sooo nice that day. When evening rolled around, we headed back to my mother-in-laws for some grilled burgers and all the fixin's. (YUM)
It was definitely a go - go- go day on Mother's Day. We finally made it back home at 9pm.
This past week has really worn me out too. I would leave the house at 7:15 and get home in time for bed. Tuesday night, it was 9:15pm when I got out of my beauticians shop. The rest of the week was stressful too. Finally, yesterday, I got home early and the kids and I went to Cheddar's for dinner. Stroker said he wasn't hungry, so he stayed home. It felt sort of weird having dinner without him. I can't even remember the last time that happened. We do EVERYTHING together.
Just like our vows stated..."Till death do us part". Speaking of vows, have you seen the little slider to the left of the screen? Our ninth anniversary will be here in a couple of weeks.
Oh yeah...more good news, but first I have to lead up to it. It started a few months back, when I put our wedding CD in the computer to look at some of our photos. I waited,....and waited,...clicked the open button and waited, but nothing happened. The disc said it was empty. I took the disc to Photo Works to see if they could recover the photo's, but they too said the disc was empty. I have no idea how that happened.
So the good news...I called Disney Event Productions this week (because they did my photography and videography for our wedding) and guess what !? They still have our photo's on file. She is shipping me a new disc this week. Just pure luck that they still had them. She said they had cleared a lot of their files, but had not gotten to mine yet.
As for today, we all awoke to the crash and vibration of huge thunder. Seconds after it hit, we heard Brookelynn's footsteps heading to our room. It was around 8am, so we went ahead and got up shortly after.
The rain was pooring this morning. I thought the "Heart of the Cumberland" would surely have to cancel their Super Saturday events from 11-1pm. Just like clockwork, the skies cleared and everybody showed up to set up tents, booths, and bounce houses. The event was a huge success. The director of the program, Nanci Dalton even ran out of balloons for the balloon release at noon due to so many people showing up. The ambulance and fire trucks came for the kids to look at, the radio station came over, the Herald Citizen came and took photos, there were face painters, balloon artists, a petting zoo and lots more. The coolest part, it was right here at our house.  Poplar Grove Church cooked 300 hot dogs and only had thirty left at the end of the day, so it was a successful event. If you are not familiar with Heart of the Cumberland, you can find out more by clicking HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment