Sunday

Unpredictable Weekend

We just got back home from dinner at Logan's Roadhouse with Keith, Heather, Aysiah & Sarah. Logan's is our favorite restaurant these days.

This weekend has had a couple of unusual events take place. One being that a message popped up from Picasa Web albums that I had used all my free photo space and I now have to pay annual fees to upload and store more blog photos. CRAP! ..I guess I will pay it though. After all, my blog address is
"pictures worth 1000". I can't have an address like that and not post pictures.

The second unusual event was about Devin. For those of you that know Devin, you know how big of a TTU fan he is. He did some web research a couple of weeks ago and found different video highlights of a particular TTU football player and compiled a video to post on his youtube account. You can view the video HERE. Devin has 13 channel subscribers, 66 youtube friends and over 4300 channel views on you tube. I have 2 channel subscribers, 2 youtube friends and 175 channel views. Oh and did I mention that I have had my youtube account more than twice as long as Devin. He has a talent for creating interesting journalism. Something that I obviously am lacking ;0)

Anyway, (quick recap) Devin created the video of the Tech football player and posted it on his youtube account a couple of weeks ago. Guess what!?  Devin received a message yesterday from the player asking Devin to please contact him either by phone or email because he would like for Devin to make his scout video to give recruiters. Of course, Stroker and I immediately started looking at the BIG picture, I imagined Devin creating this one video, then another, then others... eventually becoming a career journalist/videographer.
I also thought Devin would jump all over the opportunity. Unfortunatley, being the "work at your own pace" kinda guy that Devin is, he has not responded to the guy yet. I have been hearing a cracking sound all day today. I think it's the sound of my career vision for Devin starting to shatter :(

Brookelynn's Weekend
Brookelynn left out yesterday around lunch to go celebrate her friend Kelsey's birthday. The went to Olive Garden for lunch then to get manicures and pedicures, then to Kelsey's house to have some birthday cake. By the end of the day, the girls were calling us to see if Brookelynn could spend the night at Kelsey's.  
Brookelynn is such a loafer.  Devin likes to stay more close to home.
I went to pick Brooke up this morning at 10am because I was missing her. I told her that her Aunt Darlene had brought over baby clothes for her baby doll from Stacia and that coaxed her to finally come home. She was sooo excited to get all the clothes (Thank you Stacia). She laid them all out on her bed, showed them to her baby doll and tried to pack them all in her diaper bag but there were just too many.
Earlier today I ordered Devin's birthday cake for next weekend. It is going to look like the TTU football field. The lady that does my cakes has always met my expectations. You can view her work HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad she enjoyed the clothes. Tell her I am sorry they are mostly blue, but that is all I had! lol

    ReplyDelete