Monday

It's Who Is Beside You That Counts

The last week of August not only had it's ups and downs, but also had a lot of back and forth...to Nashville that is.
We went to Murfreesboro to Ansley's 13th birthday party on Sunday, August 23.  Thats another one that is growing up lightening fast. She is gonna be tall like her dad for sure. Sunday was more of a family gathering for Ansley's birthday, but hey...were family, right?  
fam·i·ly
ˈfam(ə)lē/
1. one of life's greatest blessings
2. a unit or group of people who love and support each other through both good times and bad.

Yep!  We're family. We don't get to spend as much time together as we used to, but I sure thank God for the  opportunities that we do get to spend together.  Like today, for example, our schedule worked out perfectly to get to spend time with the Brooks, visit a sick friend (Dalton) at Vanderbilt and purchase some last minute Titan's tickets while we were in Nashville.  
God is good to us (both me and you), and his timing is always perfect. Always.
Devin was with us on Sunday too. It was awesome to have the whole Hayes house together for an entire day. We are usually all running in different directions. 
I went to the Planning Committee Meeting on Monday, August 24. What can I say?...I like to know what the plans are. Especially if they are close to me. 

Tuesday, August 25, was a stressful day. Budgets, deadlines, spending outlines, number crunching etc. I was mentally drained by the end of the day, but hey...I got it done. 
It rarely happens, but I guess the odds were ever in my favor, because on Wednesday, August 26, the whole Hayes house loaded up and went to dinner together at Logans.  
That is two outings in one week.  Oh yeah...no pun intended that I used a Hunger Games slogan as a segue into a story about food.  Speaking of hunger...we left Logan's on a "not-so-full" stomach. As we were beginning to eat our food, Devin quietly pointed at the wall beside me and calmly stated "there is a roach crawling". I glanced over and spotted a baby cockroach making his way to our table.  I made my best effort to remain calm as I practically threw Devin out of the booth to get away from the roach.  The manager came over and smashed it right in front of us, but that somehow didn't help the situation AT ALL!!!  I can never un-see that.
From this day forward...I boycott Logan's.  I'm sorry, but I have to. 
I can't eat anywhere that bugs freely walk up to the table to sit down for dinner with me. I just can't. 
Maybe it effected Devin too, because he overslept on Thursday, August 27.  That never happens. Thursday evening, Darlene came by for a while to visit. We told her our Logan's story. I still have flashbacks. 
After Brooklyn's dentist appointment, Ella and Alyssa spent the night on Friday, August 28. We sure didn't go out for dinner. 

On Saturday, August 29, we made a trip (or two) to Spencer.  In between those trips, we drove to Gainesboro to attend a funeral. It was the mother of Stroker's friend, Dustin Kennedy.  
It breaks my heart to see people broken hearted. Seeing people cry, makes me cry. 
I only met Dustin's mom once...at Dustin and Lindsey's wedding, but you could tell that she would do anything for her Dustin.  It wasn't long after their wedding that she found our she had cancer. 
After the funeral, we didn't follow the procession to the cemetery, because we had to get back to Cookeville. 
We did take some extra time to have lunch/dinner while we were out. We went to Craw Daddy's, who has the the best bourbon chicken (by the way).  
Is that Bubba in this picture?  
What kind of expression is that anyway?
It makes me want to hear stories about a shrimp boat. 😂

There are not many Saturday's that the hubs and I get to take time for a dinner for two. 
I spent Sunday, August 30, with a feeling that I was coming down with a sore throat. After church, I took it easy and worked on the computer designing a safety sign. 
I ended August by attending a Board Meeting at the State Department for inflatables.  Just a bunch of talk about safety policies and dangers.  Sounds pretty boring, but it was business as usual for me. Devin rode to Nashville with me though, so I wouldn't have to go by myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment