Saturday

Rain, Games and Coupons

Although it rained all day on Sunday, August 16, we still had to head to Sparta after church to work. What a mess that was by 5:30 in the evening. Good thing I had a hair appointment at 6:30 because I looked like a drowned rat by the time we got back to Cookeville. 
The highlight of Monday, August 17 was touring the old house that Kurt and Lori Messenger were restoring!!! After dinner at...you guessed it...Shear Delights, we drove by to view the weeks progress. Two people were standing on the sidewalk looking at it, so we stopped to ask if they knew who was redoing it and if it was going to be a bed and breakfast. Turns out, they were the owners. They asked if we wanted to take a tour, and of course we said YES.  It was so amazing walking through that house. She has made lengthy attempts to keep everything original.  I can't believe the home was built in the 1800's.  Some of the detail work was amazing.  The last owner to live in the home, died in there. He was found later by a friend.  The previous owner willed the house to that friend. That guy locked the door and never looked back. 
Fast forward almost 2 decades, the Messengers made the purchase and had to go in and remove everything as it was. The newspaper was still by the mans bed where he had read it before passing. There was still meat in the freezer. Dis-gus-ting. 
I can't wait to see it when they get it done. They invited us back to see the finished product in a few months.
As for Tuesday, August 18, we cleaned and dried inflatables, hung a TV wall mount in Brookelynn's room,
vacuumed the car
 
and Stroker cooked spaghetti for dinner because he said he is tired of eating out.  
Well, my response was that I am tired too. I must be more tired than him because I didn't have the energy left to cook. 
We must be into Italian, because on Wednesday, August 19, we had pizza for dinner. It was a pretty gloomy day and pizza makes you feel better...it does me anyway. Especially Pizza Hut pizza. The greasy, crunchy crust is my favorite.
I had worked on a budget for the State Department all day, so I deserved a pizza and a couple of Tylenol too.
We tailgated at the football game on Thursday, August 20. We played White County. 
Alyssa, Mary, Ella, Brooke.
Mary spent the night with Brooke on Friday, August 21.
And Saturday, August 22 was not stop running the roads. We were beat by the end of the day.
I did manage to find a minute to do an extreme coupon run to stock up on Sprite and Coke this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment