Tuesday

Summertime Madness

Ella came over to spend the night with Brookelynn on Tuesday, June 22. Our plans was to dry the water slide, but once it was inflated, Ella and Brooke decided to play on it until after 9pm.
Those girls were worn out after having stunt class at Power Athletics from 10am - noon and then sliding until we couldn't see in the moonlight.
We had dinner at Mildred's on Wednesday, June 23. We can always count on her for a good home cooked meal.
Brooke had stunt camp day 2 today. She went home with her friend Ella afterwords to spend the night.
I had a training session in Chattanooga all day Wednesday, June 24th. Since they are an hour ahead of us, I had to get up extra early.

It was day 3 for Power Athletics Stunt camp for Brooke. Stroker wired our new utility trailer with lights and Devin had a typical Wednesday.
Stroker threw me for a loop on Thursday, June 24 with his social media post. He also had to go to his cousin Matt's wedding rehearsal.
Darlene and Gary came over for a visit on Friday, June 25th. They wanted us to go out to dinner with them, but we had already ate by the time they came over.
On Saturday, June 26, Brooke and I attended Matt and Michelle's wedding. Stroker was already there when Brooke and I arrived, as he was one of the ushers.

Brooke and I helped in the kitchen afterwords with food preparation. To be honest, I was so impressed with my little girl. She was in that kitchen working her tail off just as much as any adult back there. It makes my heart smile to see how responsible, caring and independent that she is becoming.
As much as I want to keep her as my little girl, I watch in awe and anticipation of seeing what an amazing women she is growing into. Time just won't slow down for me to embrace the moment. She was 3, now she is 13. Devin was 9 and now he is 19. All I did was blink, and now we are here.
We were on to our next celebration on Saturday, June 28. It was Nan's 60th birthday. Of course, I was not prepared. We were scrambling for a card and gift card in between church and the party. We spent the day hanging out with family and laughing at each other because that's how those Hayes' roll.

I finished the day with a hair appointment where I got my roots colored and my ends trimmed. :)

I started off Monday, June 29 with some overdue chores at home. I cleaned both bathrooms...tubs, toilets, sinks and all. I stripped beds, swept the house and basically worked harder than most people do on salary.

I guess I am in the nesting mood these last couple of days. I'm still working around the house. I hung patio lights on Tuesday, June 30.
Stroker and I dug and replanted three shrubs. We finished the night with Brooke and Ella shooting fireworks that we purchased earlier that evening. Ella spent the night at our house. Oh how I love summer!
and Just Like that....June 2015 was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment