Sunday

Father's Day

After church on Father's Day, June 21, we all headed over to daddy's for our annual dinner. I took daddy another gift card because it exhausts me to try to think of a practical gift that he hasn't already got. He really doesn't care about what we carry in anyway. He just enjoys the visit...and I do too.  My daddy is a wealth of knowledge. I have never asked a question that he didn't have an answer or at least an opinion to.
God is so good to me. He has blessed me with both a momma and a daddy for all these years of my life. I know they won't both be here forever, but every day counts.
I will admit, sometimes I get jealous that no matter how long I have my parents for, my siblings have had them longer. There are many perks to being the youngest, but not having equal time with parents is not one of them. I shouldn't look at it that way, but that is how my brain is wired I guess.
I'm always gonna need my momma and my daddy. And I dread the day that I no longer have them.
Every child needs their parents. That's why Paradise's birthday party this year was bitter/sweet. She turned nine on Father's Day. That is nine birthday's that she has celebrated without her daddy. That is nine Father's Day holiday's that she could not visit her daddy. Of course, he was gone before she took her first breath and she doesn't know life any other way. It just doesn't seem fair, but then again, I am not the One in control. I know there is a far better plan in place for all of our journey's.
It's humbling to me to think of the lifetime I have lived with my daddy by my side. 




No comments:

Post a Comment