Thursday

We Have Another Teenager

"Disbelief" is one of many words that I could use to describe this day. How can it be that I have an adult son and now have a teenage daughter?  What happened to all those days, weeks, months and years. I still want to tuck my kids in at night. I still want to take cupcakes to school for holiday parties. I want to see there faces light up when they see Santa Clause. All of those days are behind me and I just can't cope with it.
I tried to keep the festivities upbeat even though I was feeling a little glum about handing my baby girl over to the teenage society we live in. I started the day with some door decorations to break through.

I dropped her off at school right after we stopped for birthday Starbucks.
When I picked up her and three of her friends ( Morgan, Ella and Alyssa) at the end of the school day, we made our first stop at Dairy Queen to pick up a surprise birthday cake. I think it went over well.


We had to rush home and then rush to El Tapatio for dinner because they had to be back at the school for a ballgame by 5:15. None of the girls were excited about that. 
As we were eating dinner, I received a text from the cheer coach that the game had been cancelled because there was no one to referee. Talk about a birthday miracle. Those girls were ecstatic.  And that is when the party began.  All three girls ended up spending the night (a school night) at the house. There was giggling and tiptoeing later than usual, but they all eventually made it to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment