Wednesday

Cold November Rain

This month has started just as the  old Guns-N-Roses song "Cold November Rain".  Since we already had our first snow on HALLOWEEN!...We may not see a white Christmas, but kids have to trick-or-treat in the snow.  Crazy weather. Since the weekend was cold and dreary, I took Sunday, November 2, to assemble my brand new desk. I'm okay with assembly as long as no one bothers me. I tend to get cranky if someone is trying to rush me along.
I also got a new desk chair and assembled it too. 
I got all of my Halloween decorations taken down and packed away; however, since the days are shorter this time of year, I ran out of time to put up any Thanksgiving decor. Before I knew it, the weekend was over.
Treasure spent the night with Brookelynn on Monday, November 3. When I grew up, sleepovers were for weekends. Times have changed apparently. There are sleepovers on any given day of the week these days. 
Tuesday, November 4 was Election Day, so school was not in session. I had every intent of voting, but somehow the entire day slipped right through my busy little hands. As I set at Brooke's ballgame at 7:30 that evening, I realized that it was too late to cast my ballet. 
Brookelynn and I went to church on Wednesday evening, November 5 while the boys sat at the house. I also started reading a book entitled "You and Me Forever".
 Amy Profant recommended it. She and I have several things in common. She is a lot nicer of a person than me though.  Anywho, the book is about marriage, the importance of staying married and what marriage means in to us in our eternity. It's a good read. I like the authors' perspective on several things. And, I like that it was written by a man and his wife.





No comments:

Post a Comment