Saturday

Weak

We spent Sunday, June 22, trying to dry out from the flash floods of Saturday. It drives me crazy when a 20% chance of rain turns into a monsoon. Jett and Dash came over for to play for a little while Sunday since they were rained out at Grey's party the day before.
We went to eat dinner at the Dairy Queen and a few flies had flown in the open door. They kept landing on the menu above the counter as we placed our orders. Devin told me that he didn't think he would be able to eat there after watching the flies land on all the pictures of food on the menu. He said he was too grossed out. It's a weak stomach that can get sick over seeing flies land on pictures of food.
We dried out the canopies that got wet at Mildred's. The 94* heat drained all our energy. To be honest, we don't start our days with a whole lot of energy.
Brookelynn had a two hour cheer practice on Monday, June 23. I cooked dinner while she went to practice. Brookelynn got a new bike last week. She spent a little time riding it this evening too. By the time she got home from cheer, we all ate and cleaned up our mess, the day was ending.
Oh yeah...I have had my new computer for a couple of weeks and I have already had the blue screen of death pop up. You know the one that I'm talking about:
How can this be. I have not even had time to overload, download or upload anything harmful. I rebooted and "so far, so good". I must be really hard on electronic devices.
Stroker and I had dinner alone on Tuesday, June 24. Brookelynn had taken off shopping with Darlene and Devin was on his PS3. It's good for the two of us to have dinner alone every once in a while.
Brookelynn went to spend the night with Darlene on Wednesday, June 25. Matasia was going to be there too. Brooke gets bored in the summer and starts wanting to visit with everybody. We visited Mildred for a few minutes after church before heading home this evening.
Got a text from Brooke on Thursday, June 26. She wants to spend another night with her Aunt Darlene. This time, it will be Brooke, Matasia, Jett and Dash spending the night. Darlene must be feeling spunky to take on that many all on the same night.
Friday, June 27 was the day of Cletus teeth cleaning appointment. I took him to the animal hospital at 8:00. By the time that we waited our turn, got called into room #3, waited on the doctor and consulted with the doctor, it was after 9 am.
Dr. Baker took Cletus on back to do blood work to ensure that he was healthy enough for anesthesia. I was already concerned because Cletus weighed 10.9 pounds today. He used to weigh 19 pounds; he has lost half his body weight this past year.
I received a call from the doctor around 10 am that Cletus was too anemic to have anesthesia today. He is concerned that he won't wake back up because his red blood cell count should be at 8,000 and it is currently 3,900.  That's probably why he has low energy and feels weak here lately.
After a conversation of our options, we determined that an iron injection and antibiotics today was the best plan. I am to take him back in a week to try the teeth cleaning visit again. It was noon by the time that I got Cletus back home. I stopped at Burger King on the way home to get him a cheeseburger because he was a good boy at the doctors today. I snuck in his first dose of antibiotic too.
Today, Saturday, June 28 was sunshine one minute, rain the next. Brooke and I went to visit my neice Kaitlyn at the hospital for about an hour around lunch time. While we were there, the rain poured. Another hour later, the sun was out. Back and Forth all day. Kaitlyn is recovering from a double kidney infection. She has been stuck in a hospital bed for the past three days. I could tell that she had her fill of that. I sure hope she gets to come home in the next day or two.
Stroker, Brookelynn and I went to Lowes today to buy some wood and stuff to work on projects around the house. As soon as we got back home, Stroker went to work on his project in the trailer, Brooke on hers and me on mine. Meanwhile, Devin practiced his ollie on his skateboard. He is not the  "project" type.


No comments:

Post a Comment