Thursday

Prepare to Party

We had a good fellowship meal at church Wednesday evening, July 2. Although I wimped out and brought 48 hot wings from Pizza Hut, others took the time to bring home cookin'.  We have a fellowship meal one Wednesday each month. There is usually a large variety so every craving is satisfied.
We also took Cletus for a groom on Wednesday. He looks much better, but you sure can tell he has lost a lot of weight. Kimba almost had a melt down when I loaded Cletus in the car and didn't let her go. When it was all over, Cletus stuck his tongue out at me when I went to take a photo of his fresh new groom. Silly doggy.
Oh yeah, I received a call on Wednesday about the cemetery plot that I have been looking into for mom. The call wasn't from Thelma Pippin, but rather a messenger for her. None-the-less, she is now aware that I plan to set a headstone in the cemetery.
I was up at 5:40 on Thursday morning, July 3. By  9 am, I had scrubbed two bathtubs, two toilets, cleaned two vanities, swept the bathrooms and my bedroom. I carried on and dusted bookshelves, cleaned the laundry room as I washed and dried five loads of laundry. I finally got around to dishes before Brookelynn and I went to Hobby Lobby where I scored the cutest corner table for my bathroom. After all, the bathroom was so clean and shiney that it deserved a new table.
We ended Thursday by hanging Christmas lights and lanterns in the trees out front. Yes, I said Christmas lights. It was an idea that I had when I was thinking about people stumbling around in the yard after dark waiting on fireworks.  Brookelynn blew up about thirty six red, white and blue balloons that we hung out front too. Then we set up 8 tables and forty chairs. I had plans to cook a couple of things on Thursday, but I just ran out of time. By bedtime, my lower back was killing me. I know it was from stooping over to clean tubs and toilets this morning. That's why I don't like to clean. I'm allergic to dust and scrubbing hurts my back. It's all just hard on my health (insert smirk here). i went to bed with a Salonpas stuck to my back.  I felt kinda old.
Anyway, here is a test run of the lights to make sure that we will be able to see tomorrow night.



No comments:

Post a Comment