Saturday

A Good Night's Sleep

I'm not a very crafty person, but after getting a deco-mesh wreath for Christmas that cost $65, I decided to try to make an Independence Day version on my own.  I started the craft around 6 pm on Monday, June 9, and finished around 8 pm. Two hours is way to long for me to spend on a project. I was bored and wanted to quit after the first half hour, but I stuck with it. Here is my finished creation.
Yep, i'm feeling pretty good about it. 
I must admit, it was two in one.  My first...and my last.
Oh wait!...Guess what else, we even had a home cooked meal that night. Go me!
Brookelynn went to spend the night with Paradise that night.
On Tuesday, June 10, I picked Brooke up from her Granny's and we went to see The Fault in Our Stars.  Darlene met us there and Stroker came along too...even though it is a chick flick.
We ate too much popcorn and candy and slurped our cokes dry. I blew my nose once and received the "evil eye" from Brooke. I tried to keep my sniffles to a minimum after that.
We had stormy weather that day too. Here lately, we have had a lot of rain and storms.
I went for a one hour massage on Wednesday, June 11, and it was wonderful. It started to storm about 30 minutes into the massage and I could hear the rain and thunder over the fake stream on the CD. Perfect timing thunderstorm...perfect timing.
It did leave my back sore, but it was so worth it. We also went to church and I closed the day with catching up some blog posts.
Brookelynn joined me at work on Thursday, June 12. She's a good worker. We have been trying to locate "volunteer" jobs for her this summer, but her age keeps her from everything. If only these people realized that she is 12 going on 20. Stoker and I got a new mattress that evening. It is heavenly. No more squeaky box springs to wake us up every time we turn over. 

It rained all day on Friday the 13th. Brooke had a friend that was supposed to pick her up to go swimming, but it rained them out. 
My brother and his family went camping at the lake.  What were they thinking? Who goes camping by the lake on FRIDAY the 13th? There was also a full moon to add to the creepiness of it all. I text my brother and told him that if they seen any sign of a white hockey mask to just keep running and don't look back. Yikes!
Brookelynn cleaned out her room on Saturday, June 14. She does this periodically. She will gradually start dragging it all back in over the next couple of months. She thinks she wants to get rid of stuff, but then she wants it back. so indecisive.
We also went shopping for Father's Day gifts. We bought my dad a pecan pie from Honey Baked Ham. Daddy is always hard to buy for. We bought Stroker new seat covers for his truck. I bought myself a new printer. I'm don't claim to be a "dad", but I really needed a printer and they were on sale this week.
I like how compact it is. I didn't want another printer that took up half the desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment