Friday

Construction Zone

Since the closet now has new crown molding and baseboards, I wanted a fresh coat of paint added before bringing all our clothes, shoes and other belongings back in to it. I decided to get this done on Sunday, May 25. I also wanted to visit with mom, so the only way to accomplish both was to pick her up after we got out of church.  I brought her to our house so that we could visit while I worked around the house. Yes, I'm a multi-tasker. After we took mom back home Sunday evening, we stopped by Judy's, Gary's mom, and ate dinner with them. She had cooked up a table full of food. It sure was good.
Monday, May 26, (Memorial Day)  I painted on the closet before we headed over to Buckets for a cook-out. Stroker and Devin went to Sparta to get a Chevy license plate put on the front of Devin's car while I cooked some baked beans and got ready.  We met up at Buckets. After the cookout, I rode back home with Devin...in "the box" (as he named it).



One final coat of paint to the closet on Tuesday, May 27. Devin, Stroker, Brookelynn and I all went to dinner at O'Charley's and then Stroker and I went to talk to Emily and Dave (Ella's parents) about an upcoming trip to the beach.
There it is... my completed closet, with crown mold, base board and fresh paint. Can't wait to fill it up.
Those are shoe shelves on the left. A person can never have too much shoe storage. 
Devin got his drivers license on Wednesday, May 28. Brookelynn watched them drive away on the test, I couldn't look. I also took Cletus to the vet because of his weight loss and runny eyes. I put a tote in the back of my car to keep Cletus in. When I turned around to pick up Cletus and put him inside, Kimba jumped straight up and into tote. I could tell by the look on Kimba's face that she was asking..."So, where we headed?" It was hard getting Kimba back out of the car. She did not want to stay behind.

The vet gave Cletus a heart worm shot and a steroid shot.
I hope they help. I took Brooke for a mani/pedi during the afternoon. Storms set in at 7 pm.
I took the kids to Subway for lunch on Thursday, May 29 after I took Devin back by the insurance company to sign a paper. I also had a guy come look at putting in a transition brace in our bedroom doorway. Turns out, he thought he could sell me anything. I politely set him on his way.
Brookelynn left for the beach on Friday, May 30. She is excited, but she's gonna miss us and were gonna miss her like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment