Saturday

Frazzled February

Our first stop Saturday, February 1, was to pick up Brooke from the sleepover. We followed that by going to my mother-in-laws house to drop off her birthday card and a $25 Target gift card. We also made a  run to Smithville today. Brookelynn and I went by ourselves to all the furniture stores in Cookeville looking at dining room tables. We did find one in the whole city that caught our eye, so we are going to think on it for a day or two before making any hasty decisions.
 On Sunday, February 2, Devin and I did the grocery shopping together after church. He was a good helper. Why hasn't he been helping me shop for all these years?....Oh yeah, because I don't cook. It wasn't until here lately that I have decided to cook at home more often. We bought several snacks for Superbowl tonight. We used to join friends to watch, but Stroker decided a few years back that he would be more comfortable at home on our own couch. He said it even saves him the drive back home after the game is over. It is definitely a win - win situation because I don't watch the game anyway. I get to kick back and browse Pinterest instead...that is, after the snacks are all cooked and ready to eat. :)  The Seattle Seahawks beat the New England Patriots in tonight's game.
I had to take Brookelynn by the funeral home this afternoon to visit with a fellow cheerleader who lost her mom. My heart aches for Kimmy. The most important thing a 6th grader could have is their mom...and now hers is gone forever. It rained all day today, as if even the clouds were weeping.
On Monday, February 3, schools were closed because Monterey had some icy situations on a few of the roads. Cookeville was dry though, so these kids just enjoyed the break. I made a trip to Sparta late in the evening, so Brooke prepared dinner before I got home.
Tuesday, February 4 was a complete wash out. Rain, rain rain. I went to PEP talks at lunch today to hear a speaker, Tim McClaughlin, talk about "Teen Challenge". It was an interesting topic and sounds like a great program. Brookelynn cooked dinner again Tuesday night. This time, she made ranch chicken. She is getting good practice on her culinary skills.
Wednesday, February 5 started off with a health coach screening at 8am.  It was also a doctor visit day for Brooke as she went Wednesday afternoon for her third and final HPV injection.  We had a fellowship meal at church, so for the third night straight, our oven was used. :)
It was definitely a rude awakening for us on Thursday, February 6 as we woke to the sounds of sirens, a high speed chase and someone getting arrested in our yard at 4 am. Turns out that some guy left a bar on Washington Ave., got pulled over and then tried to outrun the police. His motor blew up just as he entered the yard next to our driveway.
I read a book last week about the advantages of apple cider vinegar, so I have decided to start the regimen today. It makes me cringe and gag to drink it, but I am going to try it anyway. The book also said that fasting one day a week helps detox and remove all sorts of impurities from the body, so I fasted all day...until 6:00pm. It went downhill fast from there.
Stroker did just the opposite of fasting. He attended a luncheon at work to celebrate 20 years of service. The only thing that I have stuck with for the last twenty years is consistently gaining weight. I sure don't need an extra meal to celebrate that.
I did cook a delicious meal on Friday, February 7 though. Not for any type of celebration, but just because it  was dinner time. I baked a chicken casserole, potato's, corn and sweet potatoes while Stroker and Brooke went to buy Cassidy's gift card for her birthday. Dinner was served hot out of the oven and we enjoyed it on the couch because we are still without a table. I am still pretty sure that I want to get the one Brooke and I found last weekend, but I feel like I should think on it just a little while longer. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on something that I will regret a few days later.
Stroker applied for a new position at his work today. If he gets it, it will mean that for the first time in our lives, the entire Hayes family will have to get up and get ready all at the same time. Yikes! that is a scary thought. Are we ready for this?
Brooke went to Cassidy's party on Saturday, February 8, because that is what Brooke does...she socializes and rips and runs all weekend. She was supposed to spend the night at Cassidy's, but Cassidy started feeling sick at her party and decided that she wasn't up for a slumber party. I think she literally became a party "pooper".
We watched movies all day on Saturday...Lifetime movies. How crazy are we to sit and watch these nutjob movies all day? We will all be emotional train-wrecks for the next couple of days. One Lifetime movie a day should be the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment