Saturday

Hair Cuts and Holidays

We began Sunday, February 9, with church and then went to Chili's afterwords for lunch with some friends from church. Devin drove me to moms for a visit. He is doing well with his driving. If only he would get to the Drivers Testing Station and get a license.  Don't get me wrong, I know my real worries will begin when he gets out on the road.
Brooke and I decided to make homemade S'mores Sunday night in the oven. The toasted marshmallows on top were my favorite.
I decided to try Fasting again on Monday, February 9, since my last attempt was a flop. Again, I made it till 5 pm and it was all I could stand. Part of the problem was that I cooked ribs, cabbage, and fried squash for my family and it just looked to good to pass up.
I am still sticking to the vinegar regimen though. Also on Monday, Stroker and I went with Jackie from church on Faith visits for about an hour. We struck out though. We just couldn't catch anybody at home (or they wouldn't come to the door).
Cletus got groomed on Tuesday, February 11 and boy oh boy was it overdue. He looks like a handsome doggy now.
Devin got a haircut today too. He was already handsome. With all the grooming going on, Brookelynn had to get in on the action. I took her for a manicure, but it is her Valentines gift from her daddy and me.
She couldn't wait to show her nails to her friends at school on Wednesday, February 12, but as luck would have it, schools were closed. It was supposed to snow, but it just never got here. Another home cooked meal that night though. I am on a roll. We stayed home that night instead of attending church.
On Thursday, February 13, Stroker and I went to Logan's to celebrate Valentines early. We also celebrated his interview for the position that he applied for. He has been with this company for 20 years now and he has done the same job for over half that time.
Friday, February 14 was the day that most of the world puts their significant other on trial to test the degree of love that they have for each other. Not me...I'm taking notes on all 365 days of the year.
We did, however, make the day a bit more significant for the kids. Devin got new t-shirts and a Walking Dead poster for his room. He seemed pleased. Brookelynn went for a manicure earlier this week and received some EOS lip balm that she has been asking for.
Devin's friend Hernan needed a ride home from school yesterday, so since it was the "day to show love", I played taxi driver. Devin wasn't home long Friday evening. He took a ride to Memphis with Darlene and Gary for the weekend.
It took us until Saturday, February 15 to get together with Erin and Ansley for our annual Christmas gathering. We named it Cupid Christmas this year. Brooke and I met up with them in Mt. Juliet for lunch and a movie.

We watched "Endless Love" which was a great love story (of course).
The girls exchanged gifts on the tailgate of Erin's truck.
Brookelynn went home with Ansley and I drove back home alone with the radio loud and singing my head off. Sometimes it just feels good to take a long drive alone.
By the time that I got home Saturday evening, it was almost dinner time. Stroker and I went on a date since we didn't have any kids at home. We ate at Bobby Q's and then went for my 2 theater visit of the day. He and I watched a different type of movie though. We watched a comedy called Ride Along. It was pretty funny, but had some rough language.





No comments:

Post a Comment