Saturday

Too Much Partying

I decided to attempt a craft project that I seen on Pinterest. It is a quote that feels personal to me.
I purchased some paint and canvas and began my project. Here is what it looked like after the first hour.
Brookelynn decided to spend the night at Cassidy's house Friday night, so I took the opportunity to wrap some Christmas presents. Devin was home, but didn't realize that I had all the gifts out in the bedroom so he never noticed that his gifts were out.
What a wonderful feeling it is to be at home on a Friday night with family. I am so thankful for the wonderful family God has blessed me with. I remember when I was in my early 20's, I thought I needed to go out with with friends and find the fun spot.  I wouldn't trade a Friday and Saturday night with my family now for all the riches in the world. 
After a cozy Friday night, Stroker and I got up Saturday morning and had a nice quiet breakfast for two at Cracker Barrel. Devin had set up half the night on the PlayStation so he was asleep for half the day. He got up in time to head to Sparta for Braxton's second birthday party. He turned two and celebrated with an owl party. He had been sick this week but recovered just in time to celebrate.
Braxton's party ended just in time for us to head to Cane Creek for Jaiden's birthday party. She celebrated turning 10. Friends and family came to celebrate her hitting double digits. Two very important family members didn't get to join her this year. For the first time, Kelly could not be there. Kelly's mom stayed with Kelly at Centennial Hospital while Matt came down to be with Jaiden for her party. It is sad to see Kelly's health decline so quickly. This is her second stroke this year. Both have left significant damage and a lot of irreversible harm . We're all praying for Kelly, Matt, Jaiden and the rest of the family. I know how heartbroken Kelly must have felt to be stuck in the hospital while her little girl celebrated a milestone birthday. I pray that Kelly can attend next year.
After a long day of birthday parties, we finished up the night by relaxing at home. Rain began to set in today and it has dropped the temperature enough that it's beginning to feel a bit more like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment