Monday

Weekend Whirlwind

We sure were worn out by the time we all got to bed last night. The weekend was packed full of places to go and things to do. It all started Friday evening when we met up with my brother and his family for dinner at Logan's. We had planned a visit to the haunted hollow hay ride, but Devin did not want any part of it. Neither Devin nor Brookelynn have ever experienced a spook house so I told them that we would try it this once just to see if they would enjoy one of Halloween's notable traditions. The hayride was great and there were plenty of unexpected spooks jumping out along the way, I just wish that they didn't have all the Christmas decoration still up. That really hinders the scariness of the spooky atmosphere.
Devin didn't seem too startled at any of it until our guide let us to the end and bid us all a good night. A few steps ahead the chainsaw started and Devin vanished with Brookelynn not far behind him.  The rest of us made our way back to the car and found the kids there.
I gave my brothers kids one last scare on the way home. We drove ahead and I got out of the car while Stroker pulled the car out of sight. I had asked my brother to stop and turn off the lights in that location. As he rolled down the back windows I pulled my hood over my head and came running up and tried to grab them inside the car.  There were screams and eyes as big as softballs as they turned and noticed something (me) running toward them in the dark.  We laughed all the way home about it. Good times...Good times
I tried to get Brookelynn, Madison and Braiden's picture with this pig, but it got too dark and I couldn't get a photo to show up well enough.
Saturday was daddy's 75th birthday and a party was held in his honor. There was dinner and cake and presents. I thank God all the time for my parents. I am very blessed to still have both of them with me.
We had plans to go to Autumn Acres on Sunday with our church, but the temperature stayed in the 40's all day and we didn't feel like freezing in the cold so we decided not to go at the last minute. Devin decided to have me take him shopping for new jeans instead. He was way overdue for new jeans too. He has outgrown all but two pair. He grows straight up. Right now, he is 6'3" and he still has a couple more years of growing to do.
We did have some other "running around" to do, but thank goodness we were in the warm truck most of the time.
We ran into a couple of people from church Sunday night at El Tap and they vouched that it was a chilly experience at Autumn Acres.

No comments:

Post a Comment