Monday

Date Night, Movie, & Parties

My fall resolution is to prepare home cooked meals this winter. To be honest, I don't know why even bother to keep setting the same goal. I never follow through. I managed to cook one meal last week. Oh yeah...and Thursday evening I made a cheese danish, after we got back home from gymnastics and dinner at Logan's.
Hey, did I mention that I finished the Hunger Games trilogy? Do you know what that means?...Including the book I had to read in high school, that makes four whole books that I have read in my lifetime.
Friday night, Stroker and I enjoyed a nice quiet date. Dinner for two at Outback. After our date, we stopped by to pick up a movie.  Friday night was supposed to be the start of a fun packed weekend...Date night on Friday, shopping with my friend on Saturday and a birthday party for my niece on Sunday.
I received the news around 5pm on Friday evening that Maleigha had to cancel our shopping trip for Saturday because she caught the stomach bug. Of all the luck :( This adventure was so overdue. We haven't gotten out together since probably 1995.  We decided to reschedule in a few weeks.
Saturday morning, we were up by 6am and getting ready for Devin and Brookelynn to head to work. They were serving breakfast at Applebees to raise money for the Women's Group and Youth Group at church. They were both nervous at first, but warmed up to the job quite quickly. They both did an excellent job bringing out pancakes and sausage, refilling drinks, checking on tables to see if anyone needed anything. It was a great experience for both of them.
Brookelynn and I got out and shopped around in Cookeville a bit on Saturday for some new boots that she has been asking for. After three or four stores, she finally found a pair that she liked at JC Penney. While we were out, we decided to go by El Tapatio for fried ice cream...Yumm-O.
Sunday, we went to Madison's party after church. We thought we had time for lunch before we went, but after a long wait at Cheddar's, we decided to go back up and ask where we were on the waiting list. That's when the hostess realized that we were all the way back on the previous page that she had torn off and thrown away. She apologised and offered a free appetiser. By the time we ate lunch, we were almost late for the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment