Friday

Seven Day Recap

Although my blog has taken the back seat in my carpool of priorities here lately, I do have lots of tidbits about the Hayes House Happenings to share.
Friday, May 4th, Devin finally got his birthday gift (just 3 months overdue). He has been on the Nashville Preds bandwagon this year and was desperately determined to attend a Stanley Cupp playoff game. If it had not been for his birthday gift, I would have never allowed myself (& Stroker) to pay such a price for close seats at a sport event. He said he really liked them though. Stroker came home talking about what a good game it was and how fun the atmosphere was at the game.
While Devin and Stroker took in the game, Brookelynn and I joined Darlene, Gary and  Trent  for dinner at Outback then stopped by Cookeville's Relay for Life event.
Saturday, May 5th, was a stress free day. The weather was nice and our agenda's were clear. Darlene and Gary came back over and hung out with us for most of the day. Darlene and I went to Hobby Lobby for a bit. That evening, they went to watch Matasia in a horse show.
Sunday, May 6th, we went to church and to El Tapatio for lunch. We done a little bit of shopping to have some snacks for the week and spent the rest of the day lounging around.
Monday, May 7th was the day that we went to the Doyle United Methodist Church Revival. Our pastor was the guest preacher of the night. After church, we had dinner at El Tapatio. It was after 10pm before we got back to Cookeville.
Yes, you read that correctly, we ate mexican for two days straight.
Tuesday, May 7th, was a reality check. It was junior high orientation for Brookelynn. We walked around the school, checked out the classrooms and learned a bit about the do's and don'ts of middle school. I cannot grasp the thought of my baby being old enough for jr. high. Here is a photo of us at orientation for junior high with Brookes best friend since BB's preschool. They are so glad that they will finally be back in the same school together next year.

Wednesday, May 8th, was a sick day for me. Headache and nausea most of the day.
Also, on Wednesday, Stroker sent me a picture message of this..
LOL...1999. Speaking of "where does the time go", what happened to the last 13 years?
Check out my posture. That herringbone chain that I was rockin' must have been weighting my neck down LOL. My little Devin still had his chubby cheeks and his Tommy Hilfiger gear going on. Stroker said that somebody at his job had a photo album and that picture was in it. 
Wednesday evening, I got to feeling better and managed to take the carload of girls to church Wednesday night.
Thursday, May 9th, Devin and Brookelynn decided to spend some quality time together and play some ball in the yard. That is something that does not happen often.

No comments:

Post a Comment