Saturday

Mother's Day Weekend

Today,  God graced us by holding back the rain.
We had a full schedule and the forcast had a 50% chance of rain and storms.
Not a drop fell on us until 6pm. 
I admit, I was a little worried that we were in for a wash-out, but He always has a better plan.
I was treated to a Cracker Barrell breakfast today too. Tomorrow will be waaayy to crowded to attempt a restaurant meal; today was a much better day for celebrating Mother's Day.
I was also surprised by an unexpected gift. Nan (Francis) delivered a warm, delicious, homemade chocolate pie to me for Mother's Day. How sweet of her was that? I was so happy...not only for the pie, but that Nan wanted to make me a Mother's Day gift.
Tomorrow, Stroker's mom plans to join us for church and then I will go to White County to visit my mom.
I had an old childhood photo of mom and her family enlarged and framed as her gift.
We got Stroker's mom and Nan some gift cards.
Stroker say's holiday's are just a "money racket".
Typical thoughts of a man.  Uuuggghhh.

1 comment: