Sunday

Sixteen & Stitches

What does a sixteenth birthday and stitches have in common?
Nothing except that we experienced both at the Hayes house this week.
This past week has been full of blog worthy events; however, blogging has not been number one on my to do list. "Live today, blog tomorrow" has been the motto here.
So, in my attempt of a quick recap, here goes...
Last Saturday Devin had a basketball game and won. That evening, eleven of us met at the Olive Garden for another birthday dinner for Devin where he received his first birthday card of many.
Sunday held another ball game. Ballgames both days kept us close to home his entire birthday weekend. Mom attended one of his games this weekend, she had been wanting to see him play.
Sunday evening was an early dinner at Zaxby's and Faith Evangelism.
Monday was the big 16 for Devin. Some family members joined us for pizza, a Nashville Predators cake and ice cream.
I measured and marked Devin's height on the door facing and he grew another 3 inches this year. I am in awe of how fast he has grown. I spent some time just looking back at some of the pictures of when I could still call him my "little" boy.

Tuesday, I attended PEP Talks and visited Hobby Lobby.
Wednesday, I prepared myself for Thursday and we had a fellowship meal at church.
Thursday was the day I visited the oral surgeon and lost the feeling in my chin and lower lip. I only had to have stitches in the bottom two extractions. My x-ray looked liked this before the surgery.
Linda brought over soup, fruit tea and dessert to our house for dinner.
Friday I took the kids to school and laid around all day with a warm compress on my cheeks.
Saturday I hoped for the numbness in my bottom teeth and chin to go away, but no such luck.
Sunday consisted of church and O'Charley's for a nice soft omelet. Our church held a Super Bowl gathering. I cooked a chicken casserole for dinner. This is the second year in a row that we stayed home for our own quiet super bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment