Thursday

Thanksgiving 2011

During the Thanksgiving holiday, I feel that it's important to take time to reflect on the things that we are truly thankful for. It's so easy to get caught up in the baking, planning and preparation of the holiday that we easily miss the significance. We take a lot of things for granted every day, such as our home, transportation, mom, dad and siblings. I thank the Lord everyday for Stroker, Devin and Brookelynn; they were truly hand picked for me by Him. I am also very thankful that our family became actively involved in church this year. Those on and off visits to church in past years were just not sufficient. I am especially thankful that my children accepted Him into their hearts this past July.
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. (3 John 1:4)
This year God gave us all a reminder that he is in control and that we should acknowledge Him for who He is.
Tuesday night, just after 11pm, we received a disturbing call that Briana had been in an accident. She flipped her Ford Escape several times, took out several fence posts and landed across the street. Amazingly, she walked away with treatable injuries. The greatest blessing is that she walked away.
We thank you Lord for Your mercy and grace.


We spent the day traveling to Sparta and Algood to feast with family and friends. It is blessing to have a place to go and spend the holiday with loved ones; it is a greater blessing to have more than one place to go to celebrate the holiday. For that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment