Saturday

Empty Nest

Whew, finally a chance to sit down and relax. The last three days have been in fast forward.
Thursday, four of us ladies loaded up and headed to Christmas Village at the Nashville Fairgrounds. It was a great "girls only" adventure. It is very rare that I get out amongst a crowd that doesn't include my family of four. I cherish the time we spend together as a family and the memories we make, but shopping till I drop with a Tahoe full of women was a great way to reboot. It was 11pm when we arrived back in Cookeville Thursday night.
Friday morning was here before I had a chance to turn over in the bed. Devin was all packed up and ready for the youth retreat that he was heading out to after school. I got the kids delivered to school and started my day. Brookelynn asked if Treasure could spend the night, so we agreed. It was like having the house to ourselves Friday night. Devin was in Gatlinburg and Brooke and Treasure stayed in Brookelynn's room dragging out every new toy that Brooke received for her birthday.
Saturday morning we woke up early to the sound of Stroker's phone. Devin was texting to see what time TTU played ball today. I tried to sleep in a bit, but it was hopeless. Brookelynn and Treasure got up around 8:30 and played the day away. Treasure went home around 4:30 and we finished the day with dinner at El Tap.
I miss Devin. I will be glad when he gets home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment