Sunday

Week In Review

The past week has slipped right passed me. This is my attempt to remember at least one event per day whether it be interesting, boring, helpful or even just a waste of blog space. Surely I can recall something for each of the last seven days. Here goes...
Tuesday the 17th: Attended "Open House" at Brooke's school (as if we didn't already know our way around). I signed up to join the PTO (at Brooke & Devin's schools) which is something I have been meaning to do since Devin started Kindergarten (running just a little behind on that too).
Wednesday the 18th: Record flooding for our county on the way to school. We pretty much had to paddle our way in. Roads and bridges washed away, (literally) culverts overflowed, and the people panicked. Here is a view of our street from Willow Avenue. Keep in mind there is an approximate 10' culvert below the water level.
School's closed down at 1:30 after the rain stopped and the water had a chance to recede enough for traffic to move. We joined Bucket and Jennifer for dinner at El Tap that evening. Luckily no water made it inside the restaurant that day.

Thursday the 19th: Schools were closed all day due to flooding issues. The kids enjoyed the day off while the rest of the county talked about the weather. Thursday night, Stroker pulled the chain on the ceiling fan in the living room to turn the light on and the chain broke. It wasn't a simple break that could be easily fixed, it broke off inside the light fixture. We disassembled the fixture and attempted to fix it, but no luck. I gave Stroker a hard time as if he did it on purpose, but we both know those things just wear out and break after a while.
Friday the 20th: I got up early to get a good start to Friday morning. I went through my usual routine to get the kids out of the bed which includes fanning Devin's comforter...that's when Karma set in. On my second big lift of the comforter, I accidentally caught the ceiling fan blade in his bedroom and kerplunk...it hit the floor. "Oh Crap!" I thought. I broke the blade clean off. When Stroker made his routine 6:30 call to me that morning I had to explain that we now had two broken ceiling fans. We have since repaired the switch on the living room fan; now just to get Devin's fixed.
Saturday the 21st:  was a lot more productive. I was the first one up. I took all the recycle stuff to the recycle center, I took Cletus' bed to the big washing machine at the laundry mat and got it all nice and clean. I went to Staples to replace another ink cartridge since 3 of the 5 colors have ran out this week. I was at Sonic by 8:30 getting my "caffeine fix" for the day and getting breakfast for the family.
We had to make a run to Monterey at 1:30. On our way back, there was a hitchhiker at the "on" ramp in Monterey, so I made Stroker stop to  give him a ride. It was Stroker's first hitchhiker so he was a nervous wreck. The guy rode in the back of the truck, so it's not like he could slit our throat from back there. Stroker kept watching him and saying "he is getting something out of his bag!'. Turns out...it was food to snack on. We only gave him a ride to the Jefferson exit, but every mile helps get him a little closer to his destination (where ever that is).
Today was Ansley's 8th birthday party, so we loaded up and went to "The Mellow Mushroom". The pizza was good, the party was fun and everybody went home happy. We stopped in Lebanon on the way back for a little dose of retail therapy. The kids found a few new outfits and so did Stroker.

All Aboard the Magic Bus...



No comments:

Post a Comment