Monday

Sunday Scramble

  • Yesterday started with another road trip
  • and then we met up with my brother-n-law, his fiance and family for lunch at El Tapatio in Sparta (since the one is Cookeville is closed for a remodel).
  • Immediately after lunch, I met up with Stacia and Darlene to attend a bridal shower for my nephew's fiance. She was loaded down with plenty of gifts, and this was only one of three (or four) bridal showers that she was given. 
  • After the shower, I went back to moms to visit for a few minutes.
  • I had a hair appointment scheduled, so I couldn't stay too long...then had to make a trip to Wal-Mart for snacks and lunch this week.
  • I finally made it back home just a few minutes after 10pm.
  • I also received a call that my grandmother had fell and was in the hospital with a broken hip. Her hip replacement is scheduled for tomorrow.
Today, I didn't accomplish much of anything. I stopped by the hospital a couple of times to check in on my grandmother (and my dad...because I know how worried he is).
I took Brookelynn to Little Caesar's and let her go in to buy the pizza since she wants to be a grown up.
She was doing a great job, right up till she paid for them. When she received her change she headed for the door. The lady said "Hey...you forgot your pizza's!"  When Brooke got in the car, she laid the seat back and said "just drive mom...I am sooo embarrassed"...I told her she done a fine job for her first time making a purchase completely on her own.
I also told her about when I was a little girl my BFF always wanted someone else to do the cashier money exchange...  Sooner or later, we all have to face the cashier on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment