Friday

Busy Agenda

Whew...these last couple of days have been really busy. Wednesday evening something went terribly wrong with my left hip for no apparent reason, but after about 14 hours and half a tube of "Ben Gay" it was back to normal.
During that 14 hours of pain, Brookelynn and I had to go to the grocery store to get the fruit to make the fruit kabobs
for the Easter party at school that was taking place first thing the next morning. It was approaching 10pm so we decided to "call it a night" and finish up Thursday morning. We also had to assemble the kabobs and make the Easter basket cupcakes to take to her class. Up at 6am and off to the grocery store again to pick up pastry bags, then rush back home because the Boston Butt man was delivering a butt by 7am. Then to get all the goodies finished up, get Devin dropped off at school and get Brooke to school and to class in time for the party. Not only was she excited about the party and the fact that I was staying to help with the party, but also that Thursday(party day!) was her day to be "line leader". Talk about having it all!!!
The class party was lots of fun and the class loved all the treats. I felt like I had already put in a full day and it was only 11am. That was around the time the hip pain started to subside. The rest of the day was a lot more comfortable. I had to meet up with the Easter Bunny to finalize the basket requests from the kids. I also had to get a couple of items for the menu for today's (Good Friday) Easter Egg hunt and cook out with the family.
Today (FRIDAY) started with an 8am car wash (although rain is in the forecast for tomorrow morning), then a trip to White County to visit my mom and get plans finalized for Easter Sunday. I prepared food for today's gathering while I was at moms planning Sunday's gathering. I hurried back home around 2pm because it was time to kick off the egg coloring event...all 72 of them.
Next up...the egg hunt (about 200 counting real and plastic).
After the burgers, hot dogs, and all the fixin's, everybody hung out till around 10pm. Tomorrow (Saturday), we have to get up and shop for Zander's birthday gift because his 1st birthday party starts at 3 pm. I love 1st birthday's...they are the sweetest.

No comments:

Post a Comment