Wednesday

Timing

Brookelynn's latest idea is to join the "jumping cubs" jump rope team. We spent an hour Tuesday night driving from store to store to find the perfect jump rope.

Tonight, we finished the book "A Love Worth Giving".
Over the past few months, we have studied and discussed this book chapter by chapter...seeking to love one another like He loves. Well that is easier said than done. I think we can all agree to that. I especially had one of those days today. There could not have been a better day for me to read the final chapter.
This text from the book stood out to me.
We also spoke of how true love for Him is evident in who we are, and how we act in our everyday lives. We can't seek salvation and go back to our normal lives. Life is different when we live for Him.
It's not like we can exclaim "Yes! I have got my ticket to Heaven" and return to our sinful ways. It just doesn't work that way. 
Mathew 15  8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
   but their hearts are far from me.
That ticket is revocable when a person knowingly goes against God's Commandments.  Of course, sin is a part of who we are, we can't escape it, but we cannot continue to consciously sin without repentance and still feel like our ticket has not been terminated. 
How have you loved lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment