Sunday

They got my number

It's kind of important that I get caught up with last weeks happenings before I start a new week.  It sure doesn't take long to get behind.
Thursday evening consisted of dinner at OCharley's with the four of us followed by a trip to Wal-Mart and a quick trip through Algood.
Friday was supposed to be a great day for Stroker and I to spend some quality time together and get lots of things accomplished. We awoke to the pouring rain that lasted pretty much most of the day. After we got the kids to school, we did go to IHOP for a good breakfast for two followed by a trip to Hobby Lobby to pick out Christmas cards together. We found a really pretty snow scene card with a beautiful verse inside. I am looking foreword to mailing out all 198 of them, but dread buying the postage.
I checked my bank account online around 2pm and that is when the day really went south. Seventeen charges in the amount of $12.96 each and one charge for $15.09 were showing up as pending. This was a total of $235.41 - I called the bank and found out the bad news. Some-where, Some-how, Some-one had stolen my debit card number and was charging USPS.com shipping labels to our account. I had to go through the whole ordeal of closing my debit card and order a new one. It was a stressful afternoon to say the least.  The bank suspended the fraudulent charges temporarily, but said that they could still show up. We finished off Friday afternoon at Chili's for dinner and we paid cash this time around. I can't figure our how my debit card number got stolen. The only time the card left my sight was at OCharley's the night before.
On another note, our Chili's experience was different from past experiences. It was so different that we asked our server if we could speak to the manager. When the manager approached, we informed him of the excellent service that we had received.  Ninety percent of our visits to Chili's end in disaster, this one was a complete turnaround.
Saturday kept us hopping all day. We spent most of the day in the truck, but we did make time to pick out a pumpkin. Better late than never I guess.
Looks like Brookelynn wore the appropriate shirt for pumpkin picking.
Today was church, a trip to Alpine and a trip to Doyle. We picked up mom along the way and took her with us.  We ended the night with Faith Evangelism and some really good visits.
Tomorrow is Halloween.  I wanted Brookel to dress up for school, but she told me that they were not allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment