Monday

Father's Day & Monday Mishaps

Several things went wrong with today. Typical Monday I suppose. It started when I got up and decided to wash the bed sheets. They are pewter in color, but I alway like to add a little beach because I think sheets and towels are two linens that always deserve bleach. 
Anywho, I must have been half asleep when I set the washer because I put the bleach where the fabric softener goes. Instead of the bleach being slowly diluted in the wash, it ran straight out and made huge bleach spots randomly all over the sheets and pillow cases. Now the sheets match the liner of the comforter because I accidentally over bleached it about a year ago. I refuse to discard them because they are waaaayyyy too comfy. 1000 thread count sateen. Everybody should own a set.
 
Brookelynn and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast while Devin slept in, now that he finally has the option to sleep in  this summer. We went to the Nissan dealership at 9 am for an oil change for the truck and it wound up taking them two hours to get it done. Note to self: Drop off the truck and pick it up later the next time an oil change is due. We also went to Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Food Lion and Staples.
Brookelynn and I made cupcakes today to take to Paradise tomorrow for her birthday. We bought her the Justin Bieber movie for her birthday, but she won't get it until Saturday at her party. Brookelynn also had to have an extra JB movie for herself.
We went to visit my mom at 2:30 and stayed till 4:00. I had to be at the dentist at 4:15 for my six month cleaning. I have a cavity of course. I made an appointment next week to have it taken care of before the trip to the beach.
Brookelynn has a vacation countdown sheet on the refrigerator so that we don't forget LOL.
We had a few storms over the past weekend. Some tore down tree limbs and consisted of pin ball size hail, but no major damage. For fathers day, Stroker got a carousel for his Keurig coffee, a new wallet, a new shirt and tie (classic Father's Day gift), and a home cooked dinner.
We spent the biggest part of Father's Day (after church at our Father's House) at my dad's. I took my daddy a box of item labeled "Stuff Daddy Likes" and I filled it with random things that he uses. Of course, he fussed that we went out and spent money on him. Typical daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment