Tuesday

Cicadaville

When I first went outside this morning, I noticed the cicada's had quietened down.  "It's about time", I thought. By noon, they were back in full swing. Maybe they were just sleeping in this morning. We are seeing a lot of little cicada corps lying around, so they are definitely on the decline.
This past weekend consisted of an Internet search for a gulf front condo in Destin for our upcoming vacation.
Friday evening, we sat on the patio for about 2 hours while we soaked in summer and swatted an occasional cicada. Those pesky bugs tend to settle down in the trees around sunset. That's our chance to enjoy some outside time. I refuse to let them rob me of my entire summer. While we were outside, we opened up Stroker's new Keurig coffee maker and explored all the coffee flavors.

Saturday, we had dinner at Chili's with Bucket, his family, our family and my sister.
Sunday, was hot and muggy. At 3pm, high winds followed by rain popped up out of nowhere. Luckily, we did not have any damage to our property, but it split several trees of people we know. Mildred invited us to dinner Sunday evening, so we hung out there for a while.
Monday was "Brookelynn's Day". For making straight A's all year on her report card, she had a day of fun. My mom joined us for bowling and pizza. She found a shady spot to hang out while Brooke and I played a round of miniature golf and rode the go carts. We also visited the bakery and bought some goodies there and we stopped on the way home for some all natural spring water too.







No comments:

Post a Comment