Friday

Prayer Requests

 This year, Good Friday and Earth Day fell on the same day. The day started out rainy, but by noon it was a beautiful day.
We got up early and went to breakfast at the Cracker Barrel.
Brookelynn and I dropped Devin off at the barber shop while we went to do some shopping at Wal-Mart to get ready for tomorrows Easter party and the one on Sunday at my moms.
When I got back to the barber shop, the owner came out behind Devin. I wondered if maybe the price had went up or what called for him to visit me personally at the car. To my disappointment, he informed me that he only had one month left at the shop. The owner of the building gave him thirty days to vacate the premises.  Seems that since the new liquor law passed, they are putting in liquor stores all over town.  So, the Barber shop that the guys in our family have visited for over a decade will soon be just another corner liquor store. What a shame. Dwight asked me to keep an eye out for a new location for him to move to. "Will do" I replied, followed by "I will pray about it too".  He gave a nod and grinned then said "Thank you" and headed back into the shop. So, when you say your prayers tonight, mention Dwight and his barber shop please.
Another issue that has bothered me this week is an eleven year old boy named Jaden that attended an elementary school here in town. I overheard a couple of teachers talking about how he will no longer attend our school system because he was placed in the custody of Child Services last weekend. At 2am Saturday morning, he found his mother dead due to a drug overdose. It breaks my heart to think about how horrible it would be to find the only family member you have in your life (let alone your mother) dead. Not only does he have to deal with the heartache of his loss, but he has to adapt to complete strangers and have his life completely displaced. Please say a prayer for him too. I can only imagine how lost he must feel right now.

On a much better note, Brookelynn's friend Treasure came over this evening for a sleep over. We all went to dinner and Erin and Ansley joined us. We hardly ever get a chance to spend time with them. Life is just too busy. Since Brandon is in Japan, Erin and Ansley were out keeping themselves busy visiting with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment