Friday

Closure

Our farthest delivery on Saturday, September 1, 2018 was Monterey. So, we made all our drop offs and got back home in time for me to clean two bathrooms, sweep the house, strip the beds and wash the sheets. That is a pretty productive Saturday (if you ask me).

We had Rib City for lunch after church on Sunday, September 2nd. I took part of the day to go to moms and get her bedroom completely cleaned out.
 In the evening, we attended the church Labor Day Pic-nic.
On Monday (Labor Day), September 3, 2018, I got up, got ready, and headed to moms. I am on a mission.  I loaded up the clothes that were left in the closets to take them to donate. I boxed up dishes that were left in the cabinets and random stuff that no one was offering to take.
 Dad called around 11am and asked if I wanted to meet them at KFC for lunch, so I did.
My mother in law had invited us over, but turns out that they were frying fish for their Labor Day cookout. I don't like catfish 😝
I ended up cooking a hamburger on the stove. Stroker said that it was his day off and he wasn't gonna do anything all day. Or in his words "I aint gonna hit a lick all day"
I dropped off the last of moms clothes on Tuesday, September 4, 2018.  I went back to moms and hauled off everything that we deemed "trash". We stopped for dinner at Jack's Top BBQ while we were out.
We switched it up on Wednesday, September 5, 2018.  Instead of Cracker Barrel after church, we had dinner at O'Charley's.
We found a taker for moms couch and entertainment center on Thusday, September 6, 2018.
Turns out Georgi knows an elderly couple who's home burnt last week. They lost everything in the fire. Georgi asked me if the Help Center gave away furniture.  I said "no, they don't...but I do".  We went to moms, loaded up the couch, lamps, curtains, a couple of dishes, coffee cups, entertainment center and tv. We dropped it all off at Georgi's garage because the elderly couple didn't have the keys yet on their new place to rent.
We again ate dinner at Jack's Top BBQ because Brooke wanted meatloaf.
We delivered the dunk tank Friday, September 7 for a half day event.
We picked it up at lunch and I took the rest of the day finalize emptying moms house. It seems so vacant now. Like its no longer a home, just a big empty box. Walking in the door feels so hollow. I used to walk in the door looking for mom because all of her things were in there place. Now the walls are blank, the rooms are bare and nothing feels the same.
I'm glad we have this task completed. It has been weighing on me for a year and a half now.
It is good to have closure, but it is hard to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment