Monday

Hangin On to What We've Got

It was a busy day on Saturday, July 28, 2018. We had 9 units out plus tables, chairs, canopies etc. We got them delivered and got back home so that I could get some things done around the house. I'm trying to move things around to make room for the additional furniture that we have coming in.  I polished and cleaned the dresser and wiped it down with Old English furniture oil.  That bedroom furniture is sooo heavy. It was made to last. I have to admit, I kinda like having all the extra drawer and storage space.
After church on Sunday, we went back to moms and I loaded up two rocker gliders. When we got back to the shop, I wiped them both down and we cleaned 3 other units that were wet from Saturday.
I got moms dresser moved into the bedroom on Monday, July 30, 2018. It is a beast, but I love it. My hubby worked on the dryer because it is on the fritz. He took out the heating element and the thermostat to test them both tomorrow.
Tuesday, July 31, 2018 was the first day of school for the 2018-2019 school year. Brooke started the year by leaving her lights on all day. She called us to come boost it off at 3:00.  When we got there, we found it in the middle of the band formation. Apparently, her parking spot is right in the middle of where band practice takes place. So, we got that fixed and got back home where there dryer was waiting for its repair. He got it fixed with a new element and everything was back up and running. It is so handy to get free dryer elements. That has saved us a lot of money throughout the years.

I guess we ended July 2018 with everything working as it should.  Sometimes it is better to hang on to what we have. I would rather have the furniture from home that I grew up with, than to have something new from the store. I would rather have the dryer that I know, than a new one to learn  all the fancy settings. The older I get, the more I want to hang on to what I have. It feels better than acquiring new "stuff".

August arrived overnight and we began the first day of August with a rental. We had the exterminator come by the house and spray. We had Wednesday evening church class and discussed Ye of Little Faith.
We cleaned up moms yard on Thursday, August 2, 2018. My husband worked for three and a half hours weed eating while I trimmed the hedge and carried it off. We also loaded the back of the truck with junk to haul off.
Mom would have loved to seen her Cannas blooming

My country girl Brooke too the evening to go to the Rodeo at Hyder Burks. She is all about the country music and now it has grown to this.
I went for a massage on Friday, August 3, 2018. It was a new place that I tried out and the massage therapist did a great job. Brooke had to get a power nap in after school. That first week back got her like...
We ended the evening back down at Hurricane Marina with some friends to have dinner at the Blue Water Grille.
Brooke and I took the jeep to Dodson's Branch on Saturday, August 4, 2018 for a pick up. We had the top and the doors off. It was a great little drive. On the way back a 9 year old boy on a bicycle pulled us over with a muzzle loader and asked us if we wanted to buy bullets 😲😱
He said it was his grandpas gun and he had died. We politely passed on the offer and got the heck out of Jackson County.
While we were delivering, we ran across this cute couple.
We also got rid of a lot of landscape rock that we had given mom about 10 years ago. It was so scattered about, that we had forgot how much we really had.
My hunny bunny and I went jeepin' after church on Sunday, August 5, 2018.  We rode through 7 knobs, Dodson's Branch, Rickman, Livingston, and Monterey.  It was a beautiful day.


















No comments:

Post a Comment