Thursday

Timber

We ordered a brand new unit on Monday, August 6, 2018. It's big, it's, tall, it's fun and it's....well, expensive. I'm looking forward to it's arrival, but not as much as one of our customers.  She said she would hold off her event until it arrived. How flattered we are that our customers would put their plans on hold to wait for our equipment instead of using another company. 😊
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 was National Night Out, which meant busy night out for us. There was a chance of rain in the evening, but it held off.

More storms were predicted for Wednesday afternoon, August 8, 2018, but they hit just as scheduled.   I went to a doctor appointment for pellets and then by the bank at noon and could see the squall line headed our way.  It looked similar to this...
I ran by the house and commented to Devin that a bad storm was about to hit. I told him that I was going to head back before it hit and I jumped in the car. I was just in front of the house when I noticed how badly the trees were bending from the force of the wind. I decided to turn around and wait the storm out at home.  Just as I got the car turned around, I heard the cracking of the tree breaking.  I looked up at the maple tree and watched the top fall out and land right on our house💥. I just knew there would be limbs hanging in our bedroom.
I called my husband on the way back into the house to tell him to get home.  As I walked in the back door, I noticed that things had fallen off shelves and the wall and were laying in the floor. That tree jarred the entire house.😲 As it hit, there was so much weight from branches hanging off the back of the house, that it pulled the tree back out of the roof and over the edge of the house into the back yard.
Thank God that the dogs were in the front when this happened. 🙌
There was a hole in our roof, it was raining in our attic, the fence and gate in the back yard were crushed and there was a huge tree laying up next to our house.


I called insurance immediately and they had the roof tarped within a couple of hours.
 The electric department came by to cut the power lines that were laying on the ground.

We headed on over to church for Wednesday evening service and thanked the Lord that no one was in the path when the tree fell.
Thursday, August 9, 2018 was a little more relaxing. I went for a pedicure.
I took the day Friday, August 10, to stay home and clear my head from all the stress.  I did get out to go by the bank, but mostly the day was spent at home.
I took on the task of cleaning Devin's room on Saturday, August 11.  For the most part, it is clean because he is a minimalist.  I just wanted to get the dust off the furniture and sweep the floors.   We went to the fair Saturday night. It was the first time we have been to the fair in YEARS.  We ate at one of the booths and went to the grandstands to watch the Monster Trucks.  Afterwards, we looked around at the exhibits at the grand stands. You know...typical old people stuff.👴👵

My day for breakfast at church had rolled around again on Sunday, August 12, 2018. I took my usual items. After church, we had lunch at Olive Garden and then back to church for a baby shower for Brian and Christa Paramore.
I cooked dinner at home on Monday, August 13, 2018.
I ordered new cushions for the glider rocker. Mom had a couple of burn holes in hers so I pitched them.
A guy showed up Tuesday, August 14, 2018 to cut the tree that fell. I left the house at 7:30 and came back home at lunch. Somewhere between there, he had came, cut, chipped, cleaned up and left.  That's a rare find to get someone to work like that.  I am impressed.

We met with the insurance company on Wednesday, August 15 to go over all the damage from the tree.
We had a good class at church in the evening.
The cushions came in for the glider rocker on Thursday. August 16, so we delivered the two rockers to church to donate to the nursery.   Stroker put down mulch around the spruce trees. He worked on that until dark.




No comments:

Post a Comment