Wednesday

Five Days of February

I did absolutely nothing Saturday, February 3, 2018, but lay on the couch ALL DAY LONG.  I felt absolutely drained. I watched TV from the couch, I took naps on the couch, and I ate on the couch.
It was pathetic really.  But for some reason, I was beyond tired.
Both men of the house were down for the count Saturday too. They both have some kind of upper respiratory sickness going on. The are coughing, wheezing and blowing their noses constantly.  Who knows what we all will end up with.
We made it to church on Sunday, February 4, 2018.   We went to Cheddar's for lunch afterwords. When we got back home, I stripped the bed linens and washed them to try to clean any lingering germs (although both men are still sick).
Monday, February 5 was more of the same sickness.
  Tuesday, February 6, 2018, I started the day with coffee to see if that would help.
Dr. Nash and I met up for lunch.  
 I've been cooking dinner at home so that we don't have to get back out in the evenings.
Wednesday evening, February 7, 2018.
I picked up moms Quilt on Wednesday too. It is awesome. When I first laid eyes on it, I thought about how much I wish that mom could see it.  I love that her hand writing is on the quilt squares.  She worked on those squares in 1986.   Here I am, 32 years later, staring at the finished product. Sometimes, I just want to lay it on the ground and yell up to the heavens "Mom, can you see this?"  "Don't you just love it?".
I  do crazy stuff like that sometimes.  I know it makes no sense, but sometimes, I just feel better if I say it.  I ask mom questions, I tell her to look at things, I even put my hand out sometimes, so that she can hold it.
There is no imagining life without a mom.  Your imagination could never fathom the vacancy it leaves in your heart.   Nothing...and I mean NOTHING will ever fill a mothers vacancy in your heart. 
Sometimes, when I really feel the need to visit mom,  I go visit daddy.  So that is what I did.  I sit and talk with daddy and thank God that I still have him.  Daddy is gradually become more frail and fragile. He can hardly get from a sitting position to standing without help these days.  It makes me sad. My daddy is a man who wants to work, wants to go, and wants to be a part of things, but strength is consistently declining in him.  He got himself one of those lift chairs for the living room. He is wearing it out. I can tell that it helps. He also got a new Ford Escape because they are raised off the ground a little more so that he can get in and out of the vehicle easier.  I was glad to hear that he got a car fits him better. His truck was too high up, and the Lincoln and Convertible are too low.
We finished off Wednesday with a Fellowship meal at church.  


No comments:

Post a Comment