Friday

Twas the Week Before Christmas

My healthy streak continued on Thursday, December 15, 2016.  We went to dinner with the Loyd and Linda at Nick's. I ordered monterey chicken (which is grilled). I'm tellin' ya...I felt that bad on Tuesday that I really wanted to change my diet. After two days of protein I was actually starting to feel better. I even went by Sharon A.'s annual "Nibbles & Sip's" party and did not partake in the chocolate pie.  It is tough to pass up all the goodies, especially this time of year.
I also wanted to share another story of how God showed up once again.  If you never take time to notice when God directly sets something in your path, then you have really missing out on a beautiful thing.

This year, I have been looking for wireless Beats by Dre for Devin. Not just any $299 pair, but a pair on sale.  I've tried websites, black Friday sales, department stores in other cities...any place I could think of to save a hundred bucks.  I had concluded that I would either wait until his birthday and watch for sales or fork over the full $328.15 (with tax) to get the wireless ones that he really wants.
Stroker and I were talking about this as we were getting groceries at Wal-Mart. As we went through the store, I strolled on over to the electronics department to debate on such a costly set of headphones.
As I approached the locked cabinet, I could already see the big yellow sticker CLEARANCE $199.
I bent down to get a closer look thinking they had to be the wired set, but they weren't. They were the newest edition of wireless Beats. I ask a sales associate if they were a "return", but he said "no".  He followed by saying "those must have just went on clearance in the last hour because they weren't there earlier...they won't last long".
"No they won't" I said..."I''' take them".  The poor guy spent the next ten minutes trying to find the key to unlock the cabinet, but I would have waited all night.
I know God loves us all, but he is always always always doing this kind of stuff for me. Sometimes I try to understand how He can always give me the grace that I could never in a million years deserve.  I just can't comprehend how someone could love me so much, but He just does. I feel is if I stumble around blindly and He just sets what I am looking for right in my path.  Thanks God.
On Friday, December 16, 2016 I stopped by First Baptist Church for visitation for Lisa Hammon's husband.  We had dinner with friends at the Dipsy Doodle. I shopped a little at JC Penney and Kohls.
It got up to 70 degrees on Saturday, December 17, 2016. What crazy weather.  I made a trip to Lowe's, took a nap and we took Chris and Ashley to dinner at Craw Daddy's.
Before we knew it, the weekend was winding down. We went to church on Sunday, December 18, 2016 and then to Chili's for lunch.  We went to dad and Phyllis' later in the day for our annual Christmas gathering.  It was quieter that years past. Not as many people there all at once.  We stayed for a couple of hours.
With only two weeks until Christmas, I was beginning to panic. I still had not started taking shopping seriously.  The tree was the only decoration that went up at my house and the festivities were happening weather I was ready or not. 
I picked up mom on Monday, December 19, 2016 and brought her with us to look at the luminaries in Hillsdale. There were sections that had a lot of participation, and other sections that were scattered.  We stopped to get some things for mom from the store on the way home and ended the night at El Tapatio to have dinner with Steve and Georgi.
Brooke hosted a hot chocolate party after school on Tuesday, December 20, 2016. She and three of her friends exchanged gifts, celebrated the beginning of Christmas break and lounged at our house all day and night.
I joined Debi and Janice at the movies to watch Collateral Beauty.
The usual church and Cracker Barrel visit took place on Wednesday, December 22, 2016.
We had a girls movie night at Kate's on Thursday, December 23, 2016.
We sat around under the Christmas lights and watched "It's a Wonderful Life".
And then it was here...the day before Christmas Eve. Friday, December 23, 2016
Was I excited?  No.
Was I ready?  No
Did I feel Joy?  No
But it was here, so I went with it.
Brooke and I went to moms, put up her Christmas tree, vacuumed her floors, wiped down the counters, swept and mopped.  Brooke helped mom wrap her gifts to the grand kids.  
When we got back home, I got a shower and got ready because we had a Christmas dinner to attend at our pastor's house at 6 pm.  





No comments:

Post a Comment