Friday

Who Has My Info

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 I received a very frighting package in the mail. An Amazon Visa with a healthy spending limit. At first, I questioned myself if I clicked something by mistake while on Amazon. I couldn't figure out how I applied for a card without even knowing it. I decided to call and ask Chase bank about it since they issued it to me. After fifteen minutes of pressing buttons and trying not to activate the card, I finally reached a real life person. 
She wanted my personal information such as my social security number, but I quickly said " I'm not willing to give that out anymore" I told her "I will give you the first four digit, the last four digits or the middle four, but not the entire thing". She finally got past the verification part of the call and asked how she could help. When I told her that I didn't know how I applied for the card, she immediately put me with the fraud department.  I was sick...literally sick. Here I am, always taking precautions and my identity gets stolen. This is not something we can just change numbers for and fix. This is my identity. MY Birthday, MY Social Security Number, My Everything.  
The lady on the other end of the call cancelled the card and issued a fraud alert on my credit report. Somehow, I still felt sick, violated, and taken advantage of. 
Friday, September 23, 2016 was a brand new day, so I tried to treat it like one.  Brookelynn, Ella, and Mary wanted a dress up dinner, so we all went to Craw Daddy's. It must of been good because even Mary cleaned her plate. Afterwords, we strolled down Broad Street and through Dogwood Park. It was a great night to be outdoors.



Saturday, September 24, 2016 was a reminder of this weeks trauma as a Wal-Mart Mastercard arrived in the mail. I was sick all over again. Back on the phone, back to trying to reach a live person to speak with and back to the fraud team to close this account. I'm just devastated. It was hard to think about other things with my identity sitting in someone else hands. We took a ride to Alpine and sat up the movie screen in Algood.
Sunday, September 25, 2016 was about church and then took the dunk tank to dads. We don't slow down much this time of year.  Darlene's church had an event today too.
I took mom to her first visit to the foot doctor on Monday, September 26, 2016. He trimmed her nails and sent her on her way. When I got home, the mail had ran. More bad news delivered. This time from Best Buy. At least there was not a card enclosed. Just a letter stating that during my application, there was missing information to verify my identity so they could not issue a card. Still, I called the company, explained that it wasn't me applying for the card and they issued a fraud alert.
On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 I treated myself to two new pair of jeans to help me cheer up. We went to church and Zaxby's for dinner.  
As if the whole identity situation was not enough to deal with this month, on Thursday, September 29, 2016 the washing machine broke. Uuugh. I made Taco Soup for dinner while Stroker  googled stuff to see if the washer is repairable, but I doubt it. 
I got a credit report in the mail to review to make sure there was no other suspicious activity on my file. I hope we caught everything so far.
We sat out on the patio for a while by the fireplace for the first time. We put it together months ago, but it has been too warm to use it until tonight.
We bought a brand new washer on Friday, September 30, 2016.  These computerized appliances just aren't made to last (or be repaired) these days. We bought an LG washer this time with a glass top. 😁
Out with the old

In with the new



No comments:

Post a Comment