Friday

Mid September Roller Coaster

I picked up mom and brought her over to our house for a while on Monday, September 12, 2016. It gets her out of her house for a while and gives us a chance to visit. It is homecoming week at the high school and today was preppy day. Mary and Brooke went all out, but Brooke had to tone it down after an hour or two. She said she was not comfortable.
We visited Phyllis for a while on Tuesday, September 13, 2016. We took her some pie form O'Charley's.
Wednesday, September 14, 2016 was eventful.  I had a great lunch at 7 Senses before having head over to my annual physical (Uugh). I picked Brooke up from school, but got a ticket on the way (Another Uugh)
I cooked dinner at home, and we ended the day at church.  It was a roller coaster of a day.
Thursday, September 15, 2016 I went to Sparta for lunch with Maleigha. I obeyed all traffic laws that day. I also sat out some fall decoration on the porch (along with football colors)
I invited friends over for dinner for Stroker's birthday on Friday, September 16, 2016. It has been nice outside, so we had dinner on the patio.It was too warm for a fire in our new fireplace though. I made bbq chicken sliders (because they are easy) potato salad, corn,  and had a cake made.  It was nice to sit back and relax for a while.
 Devin still likes to skateboard.

Saturday, September 17, 2016 was another day on the road. God sure has blessed us. Sometimes we don't appreciate it enough. Spending our Saturday's and Sunday's together exploring our region is a gift. 
Sunday morning, September 18, 2016 we were back at church and then hit the road again afterwords.
I visited dad on Monday, September 19, 2016 and it seemed odd with Phyllis not being there. It has been eighteen days since she fell. She is still progressing with rehab though. Maybe a couple more weeks and she will be back home.  I can tell that it has dad worn out too. He is counting the days I am sure.
I visited mom for a while on Monday too. I also had my very first mammogram on Monday. Things change when you turn 40. I can't believe how good I feel to be 40. Turning 30 devastated me, but I have embraced 40.
A good friend from church died on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 Jim McCreless was an inspiration of what Christians should be. Although he suffered with arthritis so badly that his fingers were so twisted that you couldn't even give him a proper handshake, he never complained with the pain. His toes became so dis-formed by the arthritis that he had to have surgery and pins inserted to straighten them out so he could continue to walk. Yet he persevered. It wasn't until these last few weeks that his vision declined and his head ached so much that he went in for testing. He was diagnosed with brain cancer. God's mercy was on Jim that he took him home quickly instead of leaving him here to suffer.
Jim will be missed. He was a good man. 
Deb, Heather and I had pre-ordered tickets to see "To Joey with Love" for Tuesday night also. I though it was going to be total sadness, but turns out that it was a reflection of good things in there life. I'm glad we went to see it.

Before church on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 I went ahead and cooked mamwich's for the kids because they are always starving. After church, Stroker and I, along with Deb and Sterl went to Cracker Barrel.







No comments:

Post a Comment