Sunday

I Don't Like Camera's


Saturday, July 18 was hot hot hot. We drove to Sparta, back to Cookeville and then to Monterey. Then we did it all over again. We sure were hot, tired and sweaty by the end of the day.
Sunday, July 19, did not offer any relief in the temperature either. After church, I picked up my mom and brought her over to our house for a little while. Stroker and I  sat up the water slide to clean and dry. We wound up tired and sweaty again by the time we got the slide clean, dry and put away.
Hard to believe it was time for the "Back to school bash" on Monday, July 20.  I'm gonna have to pay closer attention at events nowadays days. I can't believe the Upper Cumberland Reporter took and posted such hideous and embarrassing pictures of me at the B2SB.
I was only trying to help at the cheerleaders fund raiser table.  :/
When we left the school that evening, we headed to Chili's for dinner. While we were there, Stroker got a call from his aunt. She was sooo excited. She had been on the kidney transplant list for a while and she had got the call that a match had been found. We rushed through dinner so that Stroker could pick he up and get her to Nashville.
She spent most of the day waiting on tests Tuesday, July 21. It was a long day for her. At the end of the day, she received that bad news. The kidney was no good. She had to head back home and go back on the waiting list. How disappointing.
One of the churches here in town had a back to school bash on Wednesday, July 22. We delivered some bouncing fun to that.
Rain sat in on Thursday, July 23.  We ordered pizza a stayed in for the evening.
Devin used the evening to catch up on rest.
Friday, July 24 wound down a couple of other summer deliveries that we had scheduled. It is official, summer is winding down...whether I like it or not.
We sat on the patio and soaked up a summer night under the patio lights and tiki torches.
Try to ignore my fever blister...and Brooke's tongue isn't really touching her dad's head.
I tried to finish off the bottle of wine that I recently purchased.  I was gonna drink a glass each night, but I can't seem to acquire a taste for it. So much for a health benefit.
Brookelynn likes selfies.

Stroker's family had their annual reunion on the weekend of Saturday, July 25 and Sunday, July 26. We took some canopies, tables and chairs to set up for shade and seating.
I called Daddy and asked if I could ride with him to the Turkey town decoration with him on Sunday, July 26. My Ma and Pa are buried there. I have never been to decoration there and wanted to go. Daddy picked me up Sunday morning and off we went. I'm so glad I went. The cemetery was beautifully decorated. I even ran into someone I know. Megan Brown. Apparently we are distantly related through the Boles family. Crazy how family just branches out all over this earth.

Check out how this entire family headstones all match.
Daddy talking to another man about history.
Great Grandparents
Me and my daddy.
When we got back into town, my friend Maleigha was patiently waiting on me. She, Mackenzie, Brookelynn and I had shopping plans for the rest of the day. And we sure spent the day well. We were all over Mt. Juliet and Lebanon. We made several attempts for the perfect shopping selfie. We even dropped the phone a time or two. All selfies aside...we had a great day and a great time.
On our way home we ran through a about a thousand feathers. 
We think it was a from a chicken truck...well, we hope. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment