Friday

Holding Onto Summer

It arrived...The first day...of the last year in middle school. I am in disbelief. Monday, July 27 was here before I knew what hit me.
I have got to stop blinking...it seems like every time I do, another year has passed.
Here is the first day of school for my 8th grader.
I ended my Monday at the planning commission meeting. I attend periodically to remind the city that flooding is an issue. I get frustrated that they approve more and more apartments to be built which consumes all of our our green space with structures, asphalt and concrete. It worsens the storm water runoff for the rest of us that live in the city. 

I sat up several inflatables on Tuesday, July 28. It just so happened to be the hottest day of summer. We were knockin' 100 degrees. I think I lost about 3 gallon of sweat that day.
My sister and and brother-n-law came over Tuesday evening. It was Darlene's birthday, so we all went to dinner to celebrate. Trent sent Darlene this picture of Dana. I thought it was precious.
 School was in full swing by Wednesday, July 29.  Still in shock though.
I noticed today that a channel and ditch had been dug to detour water directly to the intersection that already has a flooding issue. I contacted the city about that too. 
I went for a Microdermabrasion on Thursday, July 30. They are one of my favorite things.  Literally.
Dead skin cells are blasted and sucked off your face.
We ended the day at the fair watching Paradise in her pageant. she got first runner up. Wish Travis was still here to see her.
Morgan spend the night with us on Friday, July 31
. She is one of the Fab4.  So grateful for the group of friends that Brooke has. Morgan and Brookelynn went to watch the Cav's football game before they came home for the night.
Next year, Brooke will be part of that school for real. Still in disbelief.



No comments:

Post a Comment