Friday

Friday to Friday

We had our standing Friday night dinner date with our church family on Friday, July 10
This one panned out a little differently though. I wound up with an achy stomach later. 
Brookelynn spent the evening packing everything she no longer wants in her room. 
She wheeled it to the shed on this trailer.
Saturday morning, July 11, started with a morning storm. After the storm passed, we spent the rest of the day working. Thank goodness my tummy troubles passed too. 
Disclaimer:...You never know what image you'll see on my blog.

We cleaned and dried bounce houses after church on Sunday, July 12
Stroker treated us to hamburgers on the grill Sunday afternoon too. 
Sunshine, food from the grill and family. Three things that make it a Sunday Funday!
All the days activity wore him out though.
I took on yet another project on Monday, July 13. I decided to start sanding on the front porch post because they have been flaking paint for YEARS...I got off to a good start, but slowly declined in my eagerness to complete the job somewhere around 45 minutes  - an hour into it. 
Oh well... I've started. Lets take bets on whether or not it ever gets finished, shall we?
After I cleaned myself up, we went to Olive Garden for dinner. It was well deserved after I had sanded my arms off earlier.
On Tuesday, July 14, I took my Brookie to drop her off at Tennessee Tech for cheer camp. We located her dorm room, made her bed and made sure she had everything she needed for a few days of responsibility and readiness.  After I got back to the car, I took a few minutes to melt down, think about my baby growing up...and then pulled myself back together so I didn't look like a crazy person. 
I took mom to dinner on Wednesday, July 15, and we went to visit Darlene and Gary for a while. It was a nice afternoon; however, it didn't keep me from thinking about Brookelynn finishing up "day 2" of cheer camp on that big COLLEGE campus.  
Deep breaths...I'll be okay...really.
I had a massage on Thursday, July 16 to try to relax and ease my mind.
It was amazing, relaxing and soothing, but I still could not wait to get through the end of the week so I could check on my Brookelynn. 
Stroker and I went to Columbia Hill Baptist church later in the evening that day.
When Friday, July 17 finally arrived, I stood at the far end of the Memorial Gym and scanned all the hundreds of cheer leaders until I located mine.  I hung out for the awards and waited for the announcement of dismissal.  I think she was about as ready to see me as I was to see her. 
Those girls were tired, hot and ready to go home.
Stroker and I went to Bondecroft later in the day and we went to dinner with our church family.







No comments:

Post a Comment