Saturday

Kota

We had been thinking that Kota had learned to jump the fence. Turns out, she has learned to climb the fence. As Stroker and I were in the yard trying to install one of those "Dog Trolley's"
on Friday, May 1, I heard the fence rattling, but I was distracted by Devin standing in the window laughing like a lunatic. Then he came to the door and said "did you just see that?" I looked in the direction he was pointing and Kota was running down the street.  Devin said that she literally climbed over it.
Stroker just wound up the trolley wire and packaged it all back up.
Stacia and her boys stopped by just after Kota escaped. We told her that we had to go run down the dog and couldn't visit. She offered to help us find her so off we went in 3 vehicles searching street by street. After about 30 minutes of searching, Stacia had to head on over to the ball fields for Jett's game. She said the boys had a blast while they were looking. She said that they were saying "Thanks mom for letting us try to find the dog!".
Stroker eventually spotted her at the church and caught her. She got chained to a tree when she got back home. Stroker said that we couldn't keep her because dogs should not be kept chained up. I went to my dad for advise (because that's what I always do). He said to just weight her down with a cinder block so it will catch if she tries to jump the fence again. So that is what we tried.
Saturday, May 2, Stroker and  I were out making deliveries when Devin called. He said "mom...the dog just climbed over the fence, but the block slowed her down enough that I caught her."
 "Then she tried to climb over it again and I yanked her back in the yard...your going to have to come get her."
so, Stroker and I headed home. As hard as it was to do, we turned her back in to the Shelter.
I'm feeling horrible about it, but we can't keep her tied up forever and we can't search for her all day everyday. I even emailed her previous owners because they said that they would take her back if we changed our minds. Guess what...they didn't take her back. 
I hope she finds a good forever home where she can run for miles. she is such a happy friendly dog. She just doesn't have enough sense to know what is good for her.
I'm gonna miss her though.


No comments:

Post a Comment