Sunday

May Comes to a Close

Stroker and I took a trip to Murfreesboro on Monday, May 18. Just the two of us. Of course he gets too figity to shop for long, but we had a good meal at the Chop House before time to head back home.
On Wednesday, May 20my friend Maleigha fixed my sunglasses while we were in Sparta. I'm glad I have good friends that hook me up. Stroker finally got himself a new pillow at Sam's Club Wednesday too. He has been complaining about his pillow for years. It disturbs my sleep to hear him rambling on about a flat pillow every night.
Brookelynn had her first cheer practice on Thursday, May 21
I can't believe that she will be in her last year of middle school next year. I can't seem to get a grip on time anymore. It's not just days and weeks that fly by...it's years.
We had dinner with Sterl, Debi, Lee and Judy Friday night, May 22, at the Dipsy Doodle. Neither Devin or Brooke came with us. Just a table full of adults at this meal. Just another indication that we are gonna be suffering from empty nest syndrome sooner than we think.
My friend Maleigha came through on Sunday, May 24 and scooped up me and Stroker in her and Mickey's jeep. We toured parts of Putnan, Overton (I think) and Jackson Counties. It felt soo good to just take off with friends and hit the road. We had talked about goin on a ride, but I honestly thought it would never happen. Again...thank God for friends that make conversations turn into reality.
After a fun Sunday, we rested on Monday, May 25, (Memorial Day) at my mother-in-laws who had grilled enough ribs, chicken, burgers and pork-chops to feed an army. We ate and lounged around with family all afternoon. Brooke even got offered their trampoline to take home. Instead of the men taking it apart and hauling it home, they decided to just load it up "as-is". 2 miles down the road, it folded in half like a taco. So, back to the drawing board.
Stroker and I took another road trip to Murfreesboro on Tuesday, May 26. This time we ate at a place called "Slick Pig". It was crowded there, but we managed to get through the line and find a seat to eat.
I had to take Brooke shopping for new shorts on Thursday, May 28, because she has outgrown most every pair she has. Shorts sure are short these days. What happened to "3 fingers above the knee"?
I shopped for myself for a new sun hat on Friday, May 29. I don't want to get sun-burnt on my face.

Me and Devin went to visit mom on Sunday, May 31. We made a milkshake run and drove around
White County for a bit. After Devin and I got back home, Darlene and Gary came by our house to visit us for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment