Saturday

Southern Magnolia

These last couple of weeks, we have made several visits to daddy's. During those times, I took notice of different blooms and trees around his house. I used every opportunity to say that I want a Magnolia tree.
Stoker even mentioned on the way home one evening that I need to quit bringing it up because Daddy and Phyllis were going to start thinking that I was hinting for them to get me one. 
To be honest, I was hinting...for Stroker to get me one for Mother's Day. I think I like them because they remind me of childhood and running around under the one at Ma's house.
So, on Sunday, May 10, I woke up to a card and a gift. A patriotic pillow that Brooke and I had seen at Kohls a couple days earlier.
 Brookelynn noticed that I liked it and had Stroker take her back to buy it for me. That was so sweet of Brooke to pay attention to the things I like and remember them for Mother's Day.
The Magnolia tree that I had spoke so much of....nowhere.
I guess I shouldn't frown about it though, because he never got anything for his mom. He ended up taking us all to lunch at Logan's after church at our church and more church at his mom's church.
On Monday, May 11, Stroker and I went to moms and took her two new porch chairs for Mother's Day. 
We also hauled off a few of her old ones. They were far beyond use.
While we were at moms, a man was at the house building us a nice, safe ramp to our new shed. We decided that we should leave that to someone that knows how to use a saw. :)
On Tuesday, May 12, I stained the new ramp with wood protector. I don't know why I am always the one that has to paint things here at the Hayes house. 

I got my hair chopped on Wednesday, May 13. I'm just ready for a break from that long length. Around 9-10" total .

Before
After

On Thursday, May 14, I came home at noon to a baby Magnolia tree sitting on my porch. When I got inside, I found a card from Phyllis that said "here is your early Christmas present".  When men let you down, leave it to a woman to follow through. I called her and told her that all those times that I was mentioning Magnolia's that I was hinting to Stroker for Mother's Day.  She giggled and said that she always wonders what to get us for Christmas and knew that we would like this tree.
We spent the evening cutting limbs on other trees that were overgrown and tried to decide where to plant the new tree.
I also watched the season finale of American Crime which left me with mixed emotions and a bit devastated.  I seriously have grown emotionally attached to that program and those characters.  I might even have to seek counseling. I dreamt of it Thursday night.
We finished off the week Friday, May 15, with a sleepover at our house. Alyssa, Savannah and Morgan all came over and stayed with us. We walked over for milkshakes at Sonic at sunset.
Devin and I took mom for dinner at Nick's on Saturday, May 16 for her birthday. She loves the Lobster tail there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment