Sunday

The Claw

I had a dentist appointment on Monday, March 30.  It wasn't a dreaded appointment this time...just a six month check up.
So the yard was coming right along, but we still needed a some final adjustments on a few areas. We borrowed a tiller from Phyllis to break up some of the clumpy areas. Only problem was, we could never get it started. We visited Lowes and purchased an extra shovel and some type of "garden claw" tool because Stroker thought it would help.
 
And it did. He had the entire top layer of ground removed in just a matter of hours. I couldn't believe how much he got accomplished with a $20 tool from Lowes.
On Tuesday, March 31, the fence people arrived to install the new additional gate to the back yard. It sections off the back yard and patio from the rest of the yard. We decided that it would come in handy when we have company over. If we are cooking out, the dogs can have the rest of the yard...if we are using the yard, the dogs can have the patio and back area. Stroker put down his first round of grass seed since this whole dirt adventure started.
I thought Devin was trying to fool me when he called to tell me that Kota ran off and he lost her when he chased her to Willow. Turns out, he wasn't joking. I left work to come help find her. As I picked up Devin at Subway, I received a phone call from Cumberland Pet Grooming asking if I had a dog named Kota. "Yes" I told them. "I will be right over".
The lady told me as I picked Kota up that she opened the door to the shop and Kota just ran right inside. Were gonna have to start being careful as we open the gate.
It was no April fool when Stroker offered to cook steaks on the grill on April 1
I watched another episode of American Crime on Thursday, April 2. I am addicted to that show.  The first time I watched, I spent an hour trying to figure out what any of the people had to do with each other. By the end of episode 1...I was hooked.
We spent Wednesday, April 3 working on the new rock pathway from the patio to the new gate. We had to work at it intermittently between rain showers. It is coming together quite nicely though.

The Easter Bunny still shows up at the Hayes House by the way.
Brooke's basket

Devins Basket

We finished up the first week of April with an Easter Egg Hunt at MaMa's on Sunday, April 5.

The egg hunters are all GREAT Grandkids of MaMa's these days.
Dash, Casen, Zander, Jett, Grey, Matasia and Braxton...Lennox is too little to hunt this year, but he will be in the group next year


No comments:

Post a Comment