Saturday

Shaken Up

Alyssa spent the night with Brooke on Monday, April 6. we went to El Tap for dinner. I spent the rest of the night trying to recover some more of my blog photos. That is a very frustrating goal.
The week was progressing well up until Thursday, April 9 when we got rear ended on the way to drop Brooke off for school. We stopped behind a line of cars at a traffic light and just a few seconds later BAM, we turned to and looked at each other then BAM  again. It felt like my brake pedal was going to break of I was pressing it so hard. I was trying to keep the other cars from pushing me into the car in front of me. Somehow, i successfully managed. The guy got out of his car in front of us to ask if we were all right, but I just replied "I was trying not to hit you". He said he seen it happening in his rear view mirror. I'm so glad that I didn't see it coming or I would have tensed up before the impact.
The lady in the very back got out of her car crying, shaking and apologizing profusely. She kept saying "the sun was in my eyes and I couldn't see". The lady in the car in the middle didn't say anything. 
After the accident report was complete, Brooke and I decided to try to regroup ourselves over breakfast at IHOP. After it was all said and done, we ended up back at home for the day. 
Katey and I went by the funeral home midday on Friday, April 10 to check on my friend Amy, whose father-in-law had passed away. 
I cooked dinner on Friday night too. I guess the accident still had me shook up a bit. I don't cook when I am in my right mind.
We spent Saturday, April 11, working on the natural stone pathway from the patio to the gate. We accomplished quite a bit, but still had a way to go. 
I went on a small shoe shopping spree on the 11th too. 
We also took Phyllis her tiller back today and spent a few minutes visiting with her and dad.
Lastly, the big news for Cookeville today was the arrest of Nelly on I40 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment